Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Uneven skin tone and weird textures ("/)

I have for the most part, pretty normal skin.  During this past winter, and most winters, I usually use oils as my main moisturizer.  I cleanse every day, morning and night.  And I exfoliate 2-3 times a week.

BUT, lately Ive been noticing my skin getting dry especially around my chin area, even though I moisturize on a daily.  Also  the skin around my nose and forehead is feeling more and more rough and "textured".  It doesnt feel very pleasant, and looking up close in the mirror it looks all bumpy.  Not to mention my skin looking dull and uneven.  Sounds gross, but I feel like I almost need to strip off a layer of my skin to make it better.

Im wondering if anyone else has this issue and would love to know what you did or used to fix this.  Please help 😞

Re: Uneven skin tone and weird textures ("/)

Hi. It sounds like you are exfoliating too much. I know it seems counter intuitive, but those small bumps sounds a little like mild dermatitis.  In the winter I would switch to a cream cleanser, a very mild retinoid to exfoliate and a rich moisturizing cream, not oil or lotion. It has worked for me.

Hope this helps!

Re: Uneven skin tone and weird textures ("/)

Interesting.  Thank you so much for your reply.  Ill look into that 🙂

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing