Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Uneven Skin tone

I am reaching out to see if I can get recommendations for evening out my skin tone. I’ve dealt with this for years now & am beginning to feel insecure about it. I especially have issues with dark circles around my eyes. Any help/advice is appreciated so much! Thanks!

Re: Uneven Skin tone

Hi @belleannaw ! I hope you’re having a nice day. I would suggest The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  . I hope this helps!

I'm a licensed Esthetician for uneven skin tone you should go see an Esthetician and get a good at home routine. An Esthetician can to peels or microdermabrasion. Plus help you with products.

SPF is very important every day, even on cloudy days. 

If you wear makeup your morning routine shouls be wash, toner, seeum, hydrate, spf, foundation ' then you can powder spf throughout the day on top. 

Sun is the number 1 aging issue. And you could be doing everything right but go outside 1 time with no spf and it undoes all your hard work. 

Hey there 🙂 

When it comes to uneven skin tone, you want to look for ingredients like vitamin c which will help brighten your complexion and the under eye area. I also recommend using glycolic acid which is an exfoliator to remove dead skin cells and other impurities along with brightening your skin. 
Try these: Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads (I think this one is safe to use for sensitive skin) OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright 15% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL # or products that contain niacinamide �

Hi!! So I have to agree with @amonaaa, SPF is very important. It's not just important for an uneven skin tone, but for skin cancer too. Make sure that the SPF is very high. We have a family friend who sells MaryKay products and when she went to the beach, she was wearing the MK sunscreen that had SPF 30 in it, and she got sunburned. 

I personally do not have many skin problems, and I am not a professional by any means. But what I think could help with the dark circles under your eyes may be a tad of concealer. I've heard great things about the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer as well as Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (I've used this, and its pretty cheap and good quality. Comes in tons of shades, too.)

I hope this helped! Have a great day, beautiful!! 

I have the exact same issue! I think one of the main causes for uneven skin tone is sun exposure, so always make sure to use spf. Next start using chemical exfoliation like lactic acid. Exfoliate like twice a week. Then I would say to try out Alpha Arbutin. I’ve been using the one from the ordinary. It hasn’t completely evened out my skin tone, but it does look better. Alpha Arbutin is very gentle so it takes time to see results. I’ve also recently been using a  vitamin C. It hasn’t really evened out my skin tone, but it has brightened it a lot.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing