Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware

Underarm hair help

Hi Smiley Happy

I have an embarrassing question to ask. So last Friday I got my underarms waxed for the first time. I usually shave bc I'm chicken.

it's a week later and I have hair coming back. It's not enough for me to get waxed again and if I were to wear a tank top it's not noticeable bc my skin is darker and the hair is short very short. . But I have a lunch date tomorrow and I am going to be sleeveless. What should I do? 

If I wax it won't that mess with the growth cycle? Should I pluck, 

I was planning on going to the waxing lady next week for eyebrows and if my underarms were long I would get them waxed. But for tomorrows date what do I do?

Hi curvygirli - Yikes! You are a brave, strong woman. I f...

Hi curvygirli - Yikes! You are a brave, strong woman. I felt physical pain when I read your post, my entire body screamed:....I can't tell you what it screamed, I think it would be censored. Now for the second kind of pain you're experiencing, Regrowth is a huge pain. I would call the salon who did the waxing and see what they recommend. Although your skin is dark and it's just stubble at this point, I think you would feel uncomfortable and that discomfort/nervousness could affect you and the outcome of your date in a bad way. So, options......call the salon - wear sleeves - postpone the date......I say, call the salon - and wear sleeves, if absolutely necessary -don't cancel the date.

I wish I had better advice, I just waxed one underarm....once. I just couldn't stand it and it hurt like crazy for weeks. I hope you'll let us know how things turn out - including the date. Best of luck.Smiley Happy

You shouldn't be embarassed, we all go through these kinds of things. Isn't it great to have a forum like this? I Love it. Thanks Sephora. Smiley Happy

I would shave.. I know it would make You start over with...

I would shave.. I know it would make You start over with waxing cycle but I would be too embarrassed knowing stubble is there.. Good Luck!! AngieB.

If it hasn't grown out that much, my guess would be that...

If it hasn't grown out that much, my guess would be that he won't even notice!  I think you can probably get away with going sleeveless.

HI curvygirli,    I agree with the other posts! You can e...

HI curvygirli, 

I agree with the other posts! You can either attempt to shave the remaining stubble if it bothers you that much, but I don't think he would even notice unless he is staring at your armpits the entire time, or you are going to have your arms up constantly. Smiley Happy I'd be far too afraid to wax my underarms, and as I've done waxing before, I know how terrible it hurts LoL. Have you tried some deodorants that actually help to slow down the hair growth? I've tried a few and they actually seem to help! Great if you don't want your sensitive arms to take a beating with more shaving and waxing! Best of luck and have a fun date! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors