Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under eye circles, concealers and skincare.

I need help!!😩 I'm looking for eye cream recommendations and concealers to wear with no other makeup. When I go all out on my makeup I use the Tarte  shape tape and I love it, but throughout the work week I dont wear much makeup if any at all and a huge part of it is because of the masks, they make me breakout as is and adding full makeup makes it worse. Having said that I do feel like I need concealer under my eyes as I have pretty dark circles and don't want to walk around like the walking dead and as of recently I have dry under eyes and combination skin elsewhere. For skincare I use the Murad clarifying cleanser and since turning 30  I have started using Murad retinal eye cream, serum and night cream in the evenings and in the morning I use their water gel moisturizer and IT cosmetics confidence in an eye cream (which I'm loving!)  along with Murads invisiblur perfecting shield broad spectrum spf 30 . So far the dark circles seem slightly better but I still feel like i need a concealer. The shape tape looks weird on me without foundation and so far I've tried IT cosmetics bye bye under eye in medium which I found to be way too light for a medium shade, bare minerals well rested eye brightener also way too light even though its supposed to be for all shades and bare minerals complete coverage serum concealer which so far is the one I like best, I then set it with my usual powder but the powder makes it look weird like dry and powdery and  within a couple hours it not only creases but you can see the dark circles and I look so much older as it also accentuates any lines under my eyes so I've tried a couple other translucent powders and darker shade powders to set them but I get the same result. The bare minerals serum is the one that doesn't do it as much but in a few hours It kinda just looks like I tried to cover up a deep purple with light talcum powder lol. Its driving me nuts, I'm open to any suggestions at all. I will add that so far I feel ok with the skincare stuff however given the price point the retinol stuff from murad leaves a bit to be desired it feels nice and skin feels good in the morning but I don't really see much of a difference in anything else.

Re: Under eye circles, concealers and skincare.

Eye cream is pricy but really good! For my everyday look with minimal makeup I like to correct with Vasanti VO2 which is amazing and you could even wear it without concealer, but if I do want to conceal I use this NARS concealer (1 or 2 drops goes a long way) then I pat it on with my finger

Yeah I have the same issue, exactly the same and color corrector has helped me a lot but make sure you use eye cream under the corrector as it helps set the makeup and last longer, it also prevents the creases under the eyes. Anyone has any recommendations for serum/ cream to reduce the ghastly dark eye circles? 

@thekaydoll @Have you tried using a salmon color corrector for your dark under eyes and then concealer on top?

I havent I'll give that a shot and see if that helps.

@SportyGirly125is right try priming with a salmon pinky color, for example give Becca a try and PRIME WITH THAT FIRST.

Then I highly recommend either MUFE HD, COVER FX (PROBABLY THE MOST COVERAGE), or NARS specifically the Complete Concealer.

** Forget Cover Fx they don't carry it anymore. Argh!!!!!! You will do well with either of the two, with the Becca for priming. Get a shade lighter because you want brightness in that area!

Best wishes @thekaydoll 

Vanessa

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing