Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under chin/Neck Acne

Hi all! I never used to have acne, but it seems like my late 20s to 30s brought on some unwanted burdensome acne. I rarely have acne on my face, but I have tons of acne under my jawline/under chin/neck area. At first I thought it was because I had pretty intense workouts and my skin was just getting clogged, but after washing my face/neck immediately after, it doesn't seem like that's the case. 

I wanted to see if anyone had any products/tips for this issue! Toners, face wash - anything!!! This needs to stop. Again, my face isn't acne prone but my neck has tons. Sometimes super deep too. Any help is appreciated!!! 

Re: Under chin/Neck Acne

@omgstef 

Are you making sure to pay extra attention to that region & bring all your face products all the way down to your neck incl. toner, serums, masks, moisturizer etc.? This seems like a no-brainer but, believe me, it was something I didn't really pay attention to for a while. I also use spot treatment in that area occasionally.

Also, do you rest for face on your hand a lot? Do you make sure to wash your face & neck after washing your hair? Residue from your conditioner or hair masks can clog pores as well. 😉

I, personally, found those things plus using my Foreo helped me clear up my break-outs in that region. I also try to make sure to keep my hair up these days to not have it on my neck so much. So far, things have improved for me & I am now working on fading the red marks - but, in contrast to you, my face is also a bit blemish prone. 

I guess, esp. with deep break-out ,things might need a bit to improve but I hope maybe something helps. Good luck. 😉

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing