Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

For as long as I can remember, I've had these tiny bumps that gather around the inner corner of my eye and along my dark circles. I really, really hate them! They kind of look like chicken skin, but they don't really feel bumpy or anything. I've seen pictures of milia, and that is definitely not what I have. These little bumps don't ever go away and they never move. Some people say that they've started to notice this chicken skin under their eyes as they aged, but I'm a Sophomore and I've had this problem my whole life! I've done a little research, and so far all of the fixes have been really complicated and confusing. Please give me a solution! I like to take good care of my skin, but I'd much rather just buy a lotion or something than see a dermatologist. Thanks for all your help!

Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

Hello,

Do you have before and after pictures? Just asking because that would be awesome. Glad  you found a cure! 🙂

its called keratosis pilaris 

Hello,

Not sure this is correct because what I think many are talking about have little to no texture, but they are visible under the skin.

Anonymous Insider

I have them too, and I’m only thirteen! I’ve had them my whole life, and been made fun of, people have been saying that it looks like I have fish scales under my eyes, and that it’s weird. I don’t know what to do to fix them, so I came here when I finally found someone who looks like they have the same thing as me! 

Anonymous Insider

I am also 13 and I’m very insecure about having them. Several people have made fun of me and I’ve been trying to get rid of them for so long, but don’t know how to.

Anonymous Insider

Omg same. Us thirteen yr old girls with this legit chicken skin. I hope yall find a way to fix it coz i need helppp! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

SAME thats why im here

Has anyone found a eye gel, concealer and setting powder to use for under eyes? I have these bumps under my eyes and i can't seem to find the right products!!

Anonymous Insider

hey girl, i have this EXACT same issue of chicken skin under the eyes. luckily i have the answer. *drum roll*it's literally visible sebaceous glands. underwhelming, i know. believe me, i've searched high and low for hours on end for years and this is what i've come up with. unfortunately, there's not much to be done about them according to my research.  which sucks because they can make your under-eye concealer look like crap. but don't fear, i have suggestions for you.

1. moisturize this area well and consistently. dryness will exacerbate the slightly bumpy texture.

2. sunscreen. make sure you're protecting the thin, delicate skin under your eyes. sun damage can only make this area worse and more noticeable.

3. use a good, moisturizing primer on this area every single time you put on makeup. i prefer the smashbox primerizer. it works so well for me.

4. be conscious and wary of heavy under eye concealers. i rode the tarte shape tape/tarte maracuja concealer wave when that was happening...horrible idea. the product was way too heavy and sinking in between the chicken-skin bumps and making it way more noticeable. use something that is lightweight/light coverage to avoid drawing attention to this area. (if you also have dark circles in conjunction with the bumpy texture, use: moisturizing primer > color corrector  > light layer of concealer)

5. avoid setting powders under the eyes. i know, i know. setting powder is a staple part of beauty guru routines. it hurts me too. but powders ALWAYS look cray in this area for me. the powder clings to the elevated glands and just makes under look eyes look dry AND bumpy. honey, get some blotting papers and call it a day.

i've also heard that microneedling can help as well. i plan to do that next month and can update you on my results when that happens and maybe you could try that procedure as well if interested.

hope this helps you, ladies. i'd love to know if it does. please keep me posted. ❤️

Any luck with microneedling?

Let me know if the microneedling works plzzz

Anonymous Insider

Hello. I’m a dude. But I have prominent pores under eyes. Believe it or not, they’re just pores. Genetically, we are predisposed to larger or smaller pores. Most adults have them. They’ll begin to show in your late 20’s / early 30’s. Also, women’s skin is thinner than males. This will also play a role. Essentially, you cannot get rid of them. No one can. 

They are genetics. All the lotions, microdermabrasion sessions, cover ups, steams, massages, etc. won’t matter. 

There are a few options. The skin is becoming thinner as we are. It’s a very delicate, sensitive and thin area to start with.  You can get fillers from a certified board plastic surgeon & drink plenty of water daily. Keep your skin hydrated. Sounds dumb, but you’ll notice more of a difference staying hydrated than you will using an exfoliator or some waste of money cream. 

Disheartening, I know. Remember, most people have these. And the closer you get to the mirror the worse they look. No one sees them but you. No one judges them but you. You’re not alone in the struggle. You’re one of millions. Don’t forget that. ; ) 

Anonymous Insider

CA73C0ED-95CC-4296-9D19-69F72F94FD46.jpeg

Do you have this in your under eyes? I’ve had them all my life, and have no idea what they are. Also the skin under my eye is VERY purple 

I also just made this account because I have this problem. This is one of the things (along with huge pores) I hate about myself. One dermatologist's PA said it was milia and that she could squeeze them, but I'd just have flat bumps instead of raised bumps. Another dermatologist ( also a professor at a local university) said they were "normal hair follicles". I don't understand that one. Did anyone ever find a solution? I even remember asking my allergist years ago and he said my dark spots were allergic shiners yet they never went away. They're still here. And so are the bumps. 

Hi, I have this same problem, this could be me. I have had it my whole life and my doctors said I would out grow it.... Never did! Did you find a solution or anything that has helped?

So what is the cure??

Exact.Same.Thing.Here.

It is like looking at my under eye area when I look at this picture!

I also have green eyes. Genetic maybe? 

I plan to talk to my Dermatologist about it, though likely I will have to see a plastic surgeon. Did you happen to seek a professiona opinion about it? Thanks! 🙂

Wow I have green eyes too and also have this problem! So weird lol

I have green eyes and the exact same thing. Could be genetics.

I also have green eyes and have this lol

Anonymous Insider

Thank God! This is exactly what i have!! I always thought this wasn t milia.

Mine got realy bad after doing a facial with microdermoabrasion.. I think it was the mask that they put in the end.. I dont know.. I wish i could identifie what was it... 

testing