Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

For as long as I can remember, I've had these tiny bumps that gather around the inner corner of my eye and along my dark circles. I really, really hate them! They kind of look like chicken skin, but they don't really feel bumpy or anything. I've seen pictures of milia, and that is definitely not what I have. These little bumps don't ever go away and they never move. Some people say that they've started to notice this chicken skin under their eyes as they aged, but I'm a Sophomore and I've had this problem my whole life! I've done a little research, and so far all of the fixes have been really complicated and confusing. Please give me a solution! I like to take good care of my skin, but I'd much rather just buy a lotion or something than see a dermatologist. Thanks for all your help!

Re: RE: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

They are fordyce spots and I have them as well in my tear troughs. I thought they’d be a permanent thing but mine are finally going away. I use a really good hydrating and moisturizing undereye cream then use Noni undereye oil just on the trough area and then topnit with Laneige Undereye mask. I’ve been doing this for about a week bow and my fordyce spots are barely noticeable. I’m going to continue my eye routine as long as it takes to make them go away as much as possible and then see the type of maintenance I can do afterward. They are more noticeable the drier the skin is there and lots of moisture will make them retreat big time. I recommend Tarte’s Maracuja brightening eye cream, then add Noni oil on top and finally top everything with Laneige. Give it a couple weeks before you judge. Mine were awful, quite severe actually, so if this can help mine almost disappear after just a week, it can help anyone’s

hi they are called syringoma..I have them and had laser surgery to help get rid of them..it helped a little but they are so deep in the dermis they never go away and do come back..it has been my goal to find a cream that at least smoothes them out or makes them less visible as unfortunately they cannot be removed completely

Hello,

Can you give me an idea of what laser surgery cost you to have this done? 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

I have it  to

Anonymous Insider

It's a vitamin D deficiency. Take vitamin D for 3-4 months. It will go away.

By any chance are you partially Mediterranean?  I have the same problem and have been told its because of my heritage. 

No sweetheart I have the same thing, I really dont think its a Mediterranean, or heritage issue.

I have this same problem and whenever I put concealer on it my makeup looks weird. Does anyone have any tips or something I can put under my eyes to make it not look weird when I'm wearing makeup. I also don't want to get any sugary because I know it is not permanent. 

They are called fordyce spots and I have them as well in my tear troughs. I thought they’d be a permanent thing but mine are finally going away. I use a really good hydrating and moisturizing undereye cream then use Noni undereye oil just on the trough area and then topnit with Laneige Undereye mask. I’ve been doing this for about a week bow and my fordyce spots are barely noticeable. I’m going to continue my eye routine as long as it takes to make them go away as much as possible and then see the type of maintenance I can do afterward. They are more noticeable the drier the skin is there and lots of moisture will make them retreat big time. I recommend Tarte’s Maracuja brightening eye cream, then add Noni oil on top and finally top everything with Laneige. Give it a couple weeks before you judge. Mine were awful, quite severe actually, so if this can help mine almost disappear after just a week, it can help anyone’s

Apply a primer before applying conclear, it helps to hide the bumps pretty well, smash box photo finish works well

I know this is an old thread... but I have the same problem too! My dermatologist told me that is was milia (even though you're right- it's looks nothing like the pictures that I've seen). She prescribed a topical acne medication to put under my eyes, which unfortunately is very drying. I haven't seen any improvements, though... Does anyone have any advice?

I got this same "problem" once i started experimenting with new skincare products. It started after using RoC retin-a eye cream or kiehl's cucumber eye cream... and then maybe some other stuff. so i figured, after all my research and past experiences, to avoid eye products with oil, retinol, and then the basic stuff to avoid (paraben, synthetics, fragrances...etc) and to avoid anything too rich for my skin. basically it seems the skin on my undereye is thin/thinned and the sebaceous glands stand out because of it... so i dont want to block my oil glands and also dont want anything to thin my skin or overexfoliate my skin. 

trying to keep it simple with my eye treatment and just keep it hydrated. 

RE: Re: Under Eye Bumps, NOT milia

Wow. Just read this and those are exactly the 2 products I’ve been using. Read such great things about both. The kiehls one is always a bestseller. I was never impressed with it but took it out again recently as to not waste it, but when I honestly think back to when i first noticed it, it was after I started that eye cream. And for the past few months I’ve added the ROc one at night to help with some emerging crows feet. Geez...makes me wonder now.

There are no oil glands in the thin skin just under the eye. That’s why the area is so prone to dryness. There are sweat glands though and that's what makes it look like chicken skin. They’re called fordyce spots and they can be elsewhere on the body too. Keep the area very hydrated and then apply something more emollient over the hydrating product just to seal in it. When i do this my fordyce spots nearly disappear. The hydration causes the skin to plump and this extra thickness hides the spots which are under the skin.

I have theseen non raised whitefish dots under my eyes as well. They are definitely not milia because they are not raised and they are only under my eyes. I can't find anything about them so I can try to get rid of them..

They are called fordyce spots and I have them as well in my tear troughs. I thought they’d be a permanent thing but mine are finally going away. I use a really good hydrating and moisturizing undereye cream then use Noni undereye oil just on the trough area and then topnit with Laneige Undereye mask. I’ve been doing this for about a week bow and my fordyce spots are barely noticeable. I’m going to continue my eye routine as long as it takes to make them go away as much as possible and then see the type of maintenance I can do afterward. They are more noticeable the drier the skin is there and lots of moisture will make them retreat big time. I recommend Tarte’s Maracuja brightening eye cream, then add Noni oil on top and finally top everything with Laneige. Give it a couple weeks before you judge. Mine were awful, quite severe actually, so if this can help mine almost disappear after just a week, it can help anyone’s

There is a type of under eye and inner eye bump that can develop due to high cholesterol. It is called xanthelasma.Talk to your family doctor. Maybe they can send you to a dermatologist. Some dermatologists use Retin-A like products, chemical peels or laser to manage things like this.

I have the exact same thing! I've been trying to find a good concealer for my dark under eye circles, but I'm not sure I'll ever find something that will cover them completely because of the texture of my skin in that area.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with this issue!

Anonymous Insider

I totally have that too! Just in the inner part of my under-eye area, where the darkness is.  I refuse to wear concealer because it just makes it look twenty times worse.  I never knew what it was, so this reply is useless, but I'm just terribly excited to know that someone else actually has the same problem.

Anonymous Insider

Hi there i have them too, and ive had them since i was a kid. I used to be really concerned about it but then i realised it is just making me unhappy, we are all imperfect but thats what makes us special. I even tried laser but they still came back after that. At the end of the day, we just have to embrace all our flaws. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I have to say that you didnt visit a good dermotologist coz what he/she said is BS. I had the same problem and my dermotologist used erbium Laser to get rid of them. Its totally painless and the procedure takes about 3 minutes! I have to admit that its a lil expensive (100$) but my skin is worth it....

So if they really bother you go visit a good dermotologist and ask him about erbium laser treatment! good luck

1 Reply
testing