Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Trying to reduce costs

Right now i am using Clarins products.  But I was wondering if I could find something else for 50 plus person which would be just as good. But cheaper. 

RE: Trying to reduce costs

Cerave! Available at target, CVS etc. ultra affordable. I used to use a lot of very expensive face products - and honestly the mark up is just fragrance, packaging and marketing. Strongly recommended by most derms. I have switched both my cleanser and moisturizer to cerave in the last two years, and only shelling out for serums now, only because I haven’t liked the texture of a the cheaper serums I’ve tried, and some actives don’t have great alternatives (ie many dermatologists say that the vast majority of vitamin C serums on the market are unstable and useless...and they swear by the skinceuticals which is $$$).

Re: Trying to reduce costs

Look into Korean skincare!  It is so wonderful and the pricesnare so much cheaper with better formulations. I like Stylevana or YesStyle or Sokoglam.  The Inkey list and the ordinary also have great retinols for a cheap price!

@Winniess In addition to @greeneyedgirl107 's suggestions, you might find what you need at the drugstore. Between CeraVe, La Roche Posay, Vichy, and even Neutrogena, there may be a few good dupes of whichever Clariins products you currently use. 

Also consider Paula's Choice products. Many are reasonably priced, and you can buy sample or travel sizes to test before committing to full sizes. 

Oh, and there's also the COSRX brand. Some of their products are great! 

@Winniess I totally agree with @WinglessOne !!!

@Winniess Good brands to look into would  be The Inkey List, and The Ordinary 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing