cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Tretinoin & Clarisonic

HOLA! I'm starting to use a Clarisonic Mia 1 with Tretinoin 0.025%. Any advice? 

My current routine: 

Morning: 

Kiehl's Ultra Cleanser 

Kiehl's Ultra toner 

Kiehl's Avocado eye 

Kiehl's Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate (Vitamin C) 

Soulful Herbs (local business) Frankincense Face Oil 

Liquid makeup foundation that has 30 SPF

Evening: 

Kiehl's Ultra Cleanser 

Add Clarisonic here for 60 seconds w/cleanser???

Kiehl's Ultra toner 

Kiehl's Avocado eye 

Kiehl's Midnight Recover Concentrate (Lavender, Primrose oil) 

-- Wait 30 minutes -- 

Tretinoin Cream 

What do y'all think? 

Veronica 

Re: Tretinoin & Clarisonic

You are placing a good buffer between the tretinoin and your skin (moisturizer,etc), but I would still limit the clarisonic to once or twice a week only. I don't know how experienced you are with tretinoin, but the first month can be very very rough on the skin and you only realize you overdid it when it's too late.

I've been using tretinoin for many years and I do own a clarisonic (that I no longer use). My dermatologist at the time said to only use once or twice a week. I've been using foreo these days a couple of times a week and it's a lot more gentle on the skin if you are dead set on a cleansing device.

Have you spoken to your dermatologist about it? Also, did he ok the tretinoin after an oil?

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much! I have not okayed it with my dermatologist. I will bring this up to him soon - I have an appointment in two weeks. I do it after right now because I read a lot that said that the reaction to tretinoin is less if you use a moisturizers first, then the tretinoin and that it does not change the effectiveness of the tretinoin. Which seems to be true after doing it in that order for a few weeks 

Hmmm... do you have experience with Tretinoin? If not, your skin might initially feel a bit irritated or dry. I remember that my skin felt super sensitive for about two weeks when I used Retin-A. I would definitely not use the Clarisonic in that case. Also, I would add a sunscreen into your morning routine. SPF in foundation is not very effective since we never apply enough foundation for full SPF protection. 

Anonymous Insider

Good to know - thank you! I will add a face lotion with 30 SPF that I have sitting at home. Regarding tretinoin - my skin is pretty comfortable with it. The oil use makes it so I never have flaking. I feel dry after washing, but lube up and feel better. I have used the Clarisonic once (just arrived Friday) and I DID feel even more dry after using it once. I think I will need to be super diligent about my moisturizing! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing