Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Treatments for Hollow / Sunken Under Eyes

I've always had pretty deep tear troughs but recently they have become more pronounced. I know it worsens with age but I'm only twenty, water and sleep are also factors but I'm well hydrated and get plenty of sleep. I use a dark spot corrector in my make up routine but my question is are there any under eye masks or a cream that actually plumps your under eye? I curently use the Tarte Maracuja C-Brightener eye treatment, which helps with the darkness but not so much with the sunken effect. 

TIA!

Tags:

RE: Treatments for Hollow / Sunken Under Eyes

@Rosegold47 I’ve dealt with this my entire life as well. The only thing that has ever worked for me are Juvederm fillers. My Dr has told me that was my only true option. I’ve done it 3 times, each treatment lasting a year. I use half a syringe and the cost is about $900. I’m in LA, so it will most likely be cheaper if you’re in a different State. The effects are astounding, which is why I keep going back. The price? Insane. It’s my birthday present to myself every year. I’m 37. You’re much younger. I say talk to a Dermatologist, see if they have any prescription strength topicals and go from there. I currently have 3 different eye creams in rotation as well as an eye serum. It’s a never ending battle! 😩😩😩

Re: RE: Treatments for Hollow / Sunken Under Eyes

I’ve thought about fillers ( for more than just the hollow troughs ) and I will probably end up doing it very soon. I’m definitely going to have to do some research on where to go. I live in Tennessee so it will definitely be less 

Re: Treatments for Hollow / Sunken Under Eyes

I recently have had issues with my under eyes due to a health scare! 

Another cause could be deficiencies in Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and iron! As all us women know, most, if not all of us have issues with iron due to our menstrual cycles! The heavier we bleed the more deficient we are! 

You could be low in hemoglobin or anemic! A quick blood test through your doctor can tell you for sure! You can also speak to a pharmacist or other medical professional about it! Taking an iron supplement might be the answer you are looking for! If you choose to take an iron supplement, make sure to take Vitamin C to help your body absorb the iron better, which checks two of the vitamins off the list of potential causes!!! Vitamin K is found in Green Leafy Vegtables, as well as broccoli, Brussel Sprouts and cauiflower to name a few! Add a few extra servings of those to your diet takes care of the third possible cause! 

Buyt your best bet is to speak to a medical professional first to make sure it isn't something more serious!!! 

Now on to the makeup help:

I found the Clinique Pep-Start Eye Cream has done wonders for me! It has been a part of the Beauty Insider Reward Packages, and that little tube goes a VERY long way!!! I have only used 2 in the last 13 or 14 months! You don't have to use it every day! I use it more often on the days where I go without a full face and it is amazing!!! 

I also use the Becca First Light primer (the purple one)!!! It helps even out everything! Again on days where you want to go without a full face or are in a rush!!! 

Screenshot_20180115-111854.png

Screenshot_20180115-112232.png

Good luck!!!

Spoiler

Re: Treatments for Hollow / Sunken Under Eyes

You might have a problem with collagen or hormone levels. You can try some eye masks from Sephora's brand or even check Amazon! At night I usually layer up my under eyes with a moisturizing eye cream (either Shisedo's 24 Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Night Cream or It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye eye cream).
Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20180115-111854.png
  • Screenshot_20180115-112232.png
testing