Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Top 5 face masks

Being in the masking challenge thread got me wondering what your top 5 face masks are (sheet or wash-off).  I like face masks, so please share your favourites and why.  

Thanks!

My favourites, in no particular order:

Wash-off/overnight:

1. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular anti-wrinkle mask- softens and soothes. I love it every time I use it.

2. AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque

It is so nice for the enzymes working their magic on my skin, softening and smoothing.  And my skin isn't irritated!

3. Origins Drink Up™ Intensive Overnight Hydrating Face Mask with Avocado & Swiss Glacier Water 2.5 oz/ 75 mL

It is great for hydrating overnight!

Non-sheet masksNon-sheet masks

Re: Top 5 face masks

@lmaster I feel like there's an SNP mask with a very similar design to the BNBG. I assume they are different masks because they are different brands, right?

This sounds familiar @ShortErica but I'm not positive

Great picks, @lmaster! I've been pleasantly surprised by how well all of the Biobelles I've tried have been.

They are one of my favorite brands  @quspork 

@lmaster I need to get on that TCFS. I bout three of them on sale at ulta and then got occupied with others! I think I might have the pineapple too. Ok... low buy needs to be a thing for me🤦🏻‍♀️

@missjeanie who are you telling! 😂😉

@lmaster  Right! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🙄

Thanks for sharing, @lmaster . I haven't tried any of these!  Granted, I've only tried 3 sheet masks so far. 

@l8totheparty you will find some loves for sure

Ooohhh, fun question! Here are my can't do without, will always have on hand favorites 🤩

Clay: Omorovicza Ultamoor Mud Mask

Pure magic in a jar! Does a great job of soaking up excess oil, but also manages to plump my skin and diminish finer lines for a couple/three days too. Lovely herbal scent. Crazy expensive, so I don't use it as often as I want to, but I can usually get minis on eBay super cheap...around $30-35 per ounce, which is muuuch more palatable than retail 😋

Exfoliating: PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask

Another magic product. I only use it once every two weeks or so (I have another scrub I use once every other week, and lots of other exfoliants in my routine, so I try not to overdo it), but I'm always thrilled with how my skin looks and feels afterwards. It smells divine, I love the size and quantity of the grit in it, and everything else in my routine just soaks in so much better afterwards. 

Sheet mask: anything Biobelle

I'm not a sheet mask junkie at all; the genre isn't my favorite to begin with, but for a quick moisture fix, I find them the best way to go. I keep trying new ones, but nothing has come close to Biobelle for me in terms of fit, comfort, scent, and moisture. Their tencel fabric is simply amazing, it fits like a second skin, and all of the ones I've tried have had either a very light scent or none at all. 

Sleeping mask: Julep Night Shift

Really rich but still lightweight; better for me in winter than summer, but even still, it's a year round favorite for whenever I need a little extra pampering and nourishment. 

And to round out my top 5, I'll give a shout out to L'Oreal clay masks. I've tried 4 of them now, and they are all really nice (minus the floral scent on one of them...but I don't remember which one that is now lol). The lemon is my favorite; I love the scent, and it's also got a few scrubbies in it (they are bigger in size than the ones on the PTR mask, and fairly well rounded off, not sharp at all...the exfoliation is very gentle with this one). All varieties wash off easily and do a great job of soaking up excess oil without over stripping or drying out my oily but dehydrated skin.

Plump skin and diminish fi e lines for a couple days?!  Sign me up! But at $30 per ounce cheapest you can find....ouch.

@RGbrown 

@l8totheparty 

Yes, I hate how expensive it is, and how I allowed myself to fall in love with it...most of the time I won't even allow myself to try the expensive samples lol 😣 But, considering retail is ~$125 for 1.7oz ($75/oz), at least I can find it cheaper for every now and again usage and keep it in my life 😋

@l8totheparty,

What a fun post! I have been into masking lately and I had someone compliment my skin on how much more glow it had to it.

1. Peter Thomas RothPumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer. I love the smell of this one, it smells like pumpkin pie! It also helps make my skin look super smooth and I noticed that after I use it my foundation goes on smoother.

https://www.sephora.com/product/pumpkin-enzymatic-dermal-resurfacer-P387261?icid2=products%20grid:p3...

2. OLEHENRIKSENCold Plunge Pore Mask, this one has the clay base and also tiny beads in it. I find that it offers a light exfoliation https://www.sephora.com/product/cold-plunge-pore-mask-P431848?icid2=products%20grid:p431848:product

3. Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask If my skin is looking sallow and needs a pick me up, I use this one! https://www.sephora.com/product/violet-c-radiance-mask-P420699?icid2=products%20grid:p420699:product

4. LANEIGEWater Pocket Sheet Mask Sleeping Mask (Replenishing), this one has so much hydration! The sheet is dripping with product when you open it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/water-pocket-sheet-mask-sleeping-mask-replenishing-P420666?icid2=pro...

5. tarte Pack Your Bags Undereye Patches. These gel masks feel so cooling under the eye and helps with the lines as well.

https://www.sephora.com/product/pack-your-bags-911-undereye-rescue-patches-P409630?icid2=products%20...

❤️ Melissa

Thanks for sharing, @melissabt !  More masks to look at.

The Laneige sheet mask is absolutely wonderful @l8totheparty!

Hm I’m not really a massive masking person but there are I think exactly 5 masks/peels/treatments I can think of that I do enjoy using on occasion...

1. Philosophy The Microdelivery Resurfacing Peel - This is one of my favorite skin care products period. I use it once a week to brighten and exfoliate my skin. It’s incredible. 

2. Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads - I think these have been rebranded and reformulated but I use these a couple times a week between Philosophy peels. I love how quick and easy they are to use, and my skin feels so nice and smooth after. 

3. Ole Henriksen Cold Plunge Pore Mask - Clay masks usually really dry me out but this one is cooling and refreshing. It’s such a fun color too!

4. Farmacy Brightening Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Sheet masks feel super weird on me despite my best attempts to like them, but I enjoy the instant brightening the Farmacy ones give. If my skin looks like it needs a quick pick me up but I don’t want to do a full treatment I’ll reach for one of these. 

5. Origins Hello, Calm Mask - I haven’t tried many CBD/cannabis products but I was sent this one a while ago to sample. It’s super relaxing and nice, and while I’m not sure it did anything for my skin per se, I really loved the spa like experience I had wearing it. The earthly and herbal scent is quite soothing, it’s like a cup of tea! 

philosophy also has a really good Exfoliating clay mask w...

philosophy also has a really good Exfoliating clay mask works wonders and a lil goes a long way so lasts forever

Thanks for sharing, @alexasteph !  I didn't know Philosophy made a mask!  And in regards to the Origins hello, calm mask- sometimes the best we can hope for is that relaxation time, and if this mask provides that it is a winner. 

@l8totheparty They actually have a few but they are really more like peels or treatments. The only leave on/rinse off mask they have is the Purity Pore Extractor, the rest are quick put on, treat, rinse off. 

ETA: It looks like they also have a hydrating Renewed Hope In A Jar leave on mask as an overnight treatment. 

@l8totheparty  Great topic idea 😊 For me, these are the masks that play well with my sensitive skin:

FIRST AID BEAUTY - 5 in 1 Bouncy Mask: This is my long-haul flight mask. Once the big meal has been served, I wipe off all my makeup with Sephora Cleansing Wipes, and apply a liberal layer of this mask. It’s translucent, has a very light, non-offensive cucumber/watermelon fragrance, and immediately cools and soothes my face. I leave it on until about an hour before I land, at which point I wipe off any remnants and apply new makeup on a perfect, hydrated canvas. It’s one of my “stay sane on the plane” rituals 😁 ✈️ 

SATURDAY SKIN - Cotton Cloud Probiotic Power Mask: This sheet mask leaves my skin brightened, balanced, and feeling great. Plus it comes with cloud stickers — never too old to play with stickers 😂

A’Pieu Real Big Yogurt — Strawberry: This is a very soothing, inexpensive mask that has a nice, light strawberry fragrance. I like to use it when my skin is feeling overworked, perhaps by a recent whitening mask (like the next one below).

AC3438AF-749D-4EF3-AB87-E8A54489B187.jpeg

Dr. Morita Intensive Whitening Facial Mask: My sensitive skin can juuust tolerate this mask. It’s right on the cusp of fantastic results and a skin freakout, so I always follow it with a soothing yogurt, milk, or rice mask. It has helped get rid of so much of my hyperpigmentation!C4C06E7F-93A6-4E6C-BC80-D63E5BF2B3CB.jpeg

Dermal Korea Wine Collagen Essence Mask: A very inexpensive mask that is perfect for a quick, evening masking session when my skin is doing well. It’s watery and smells just like grape Big League Chew bubble gum, so I always love using it 😁026B98B3-032F-4E4C-9431-552D2DB360B0.jpeg

There are so many masks I enjoy, but that’s a small round-up of one’s that are currently helping me to have the best skin of my life 😊

These masks sound like fun to try! @PinkEvergreen 

128 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • Non-sheet masks
  • AC3438AF-749D-4EF3-AB87-E8A54489B187.jpeg
  • C4C06E7F-93A6-4E6C-BC80-D63E5BF2B3CB.jpeg
  • 026B98B3-032F-4E4C-9431-552D2DB360B0.jpeg
testing