Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Too much AHA/BHA?

I am looking to add a serum to my skincare routine, but I am afraid to over exfoliate. I use OLEHENRIKSEN - Transforming Walnut Scrub twice a week in the shower, the Herbivore Prism AHA + BHA Exfoliating Glow Facial 1.7 oz/ 50 mLonce a week (and absolutely love it) and I also have the Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Exfoliating Moisturizer that I use (not consistently but only if my skin needs it) as an overnight cream. Would it be too much to introduce a daily serum that has either AHAs/BHAs or Glycerin in it for day use such as Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

RE: Too much AHA/BHA?

It would really depend on your skin if it would be too much. If your skin is happy taking it, by all means, go for it! I feel like you would be using a lot of exfoliating actives, so it may end up being too much, especially if you’re already happy with the results you’re getting from what you’re already using. I love trying new products and seeing good results, so if you do it, just listen to what your skin tells you! I might also check out the Sunday Riley Good Genes is you have it in the budget, I love that one and it’s very gentle!
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing