Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

So I've seen several makeup gurus using it. But im really hesitant about buying it! Has anybody tried it yet? My skin type is kind of a combination of dry and oily I've used other moisturizers before applying makeup BUT it usually makes my foundation break or breaks me out [even tho I get the ones for my skin type] please help!!

Re: Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

It's a super gimmicky product; unless you have $$ to burn or just really like the look of this elixir (no judgement, I definitely own some skincare items more for the fun of it than the effects), you can absolutely find better and cheaper facial oils (both single oils and mixed) out there. 

Now, some of the ingredients in this product are beneficial (rosehip seed oil is excellent for many skin types, and the much-loved brand The Ordinary carries a $9.90 pure version). However, there are also very questionable ingredients. First off, as much as I love the idea of gold (I own a gold-infused primer and I don't even feel bad about it), there is no science currently proving its efficacy in skincare. In fact, it can actually be an irritating ingredient and may make your skin worse. Secondly, I question the inclusion of lemongrass oil and orange peel oil in the ingredients. I'm pretty sure both of these are for fragrance purposes only, and once again these oils can be quite irritating to the skin. I think with your skin type you could definitely consider including an oil in your skincare routine; I just don't think this is the best one!

RE: Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

I think this oil is so overrated. Don't get me wrong it's a nice oil to use for moisturizing but as a primer not so much

I bought the smaller bottle after watching countless youtube videos. As far as a primer goes, its definitely not my go to. I have combination skin and by the mid morning you can tell whats going on underneath my foundation. However, it is an AMAZING product to hydrate my skin and lips after peels and micro needling. I also use it to bring some of my dried out cream products back to life! It is a little bit of a hefty price tag, but a little bit goes a long way. 

They recently released a smaller size which is enough I think. I got it recently as I tried it a while ago. I don't use it everyday only once in a while. I mix a couple of drops with my foundation and apply. Don't put too much then it becomes oily. I finish off makeup with a mattifying spray and my skin looks amazing.

RE: Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

I requested a sample from Sephora to try it out before I paid the hefty price tag! I was intrigued by this product as well and was curious to see if using an oil as moisturizer would help with my oily skin type. I'm oily all over my face especially my forehead and when i used the sample I felt I was less shiny so I ended up buying the full bottle. I've been using it Day and night for almost 2 months now and I have noticed a difference in how much oil my skin produces. I still get some shine as the day goes on but definitely not nearly as much before I started using the oil. I typically use 2drops of oil in the morning and pat it into the skin and 3-4 drops at night. I've also used it as a spot treatment on bacne and notice it's nearly gone the next morning! Overall it's a good facial oil for all skin types. I don't completely love it but I don't hate it either. You should definitely get a sample first before you buy to make sure you like it.

@yeahy I saw it in a Sephora e-mail and it was really appealing.  However, there have been so many new products introduced lately that it kind of came across as inauthentic to me.  Are you able to get a sample before you try buying it?  That's what I'm been trying to do lately.  Good luck!  

There are a lot of reviews on Sephora; if you still have questions after reading them, maybe you could PM some of the reviewers.

RE: Re: Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

I've been doing the same thing getting samples of products before buying them lol total money saver especially if you don't end up liking the product

RE: Re: Thoughts on Farsalí rose gold elixir?

You are able to ask one of the employees for a sample. I was able to get one. ☺️
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing