Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

What is the most luxurious or expensive skin care product you've ever purchased as a gift to yourself? Gotta good story to go with your reason for your splerge? The most amazing discovery I've experienced for my face and neck is now no longer a secret.....Its not the most expensive but definately the most luxurious! I recently was complimented by my dentist on my "perfect skin". I am obsessed with the 3 brands of products in my pic and B.Kamins.(not shown) However, I must give credit to the Clarins skin care line, since I stayed loyal to this beautiful brand for many years. I still love Clarins and I highly recommend it. I would purchase the teen line for my daughter when I shopped for myself and neither of us had any problems with our skin except the odd blemish and my bit of rosacia...lucky??? maybe ..but even the men in my family that I have gifted Clarins to have loved it and swear they wont change brands now. Alas, my time had come to stray from the usual and I now have my new "fountain of youth" products. I know...mixing brands might be a faux pas but they are THE most luxurious products I've ever used so far. The B.Kamins menopause Rx cream (im out of this cream right now but my order is in the mail) is also one of my most luxurious and extremely effective skin care products. You dont have to have to be older or have mature skin to use. Its magic blue crystals are cooling on the skin and it really tamed down my redness. Im 41yrs old, combo skin. * I use all of these products usually twice a day, in the morning and evening and switch out the EVE LOM night cream for B.Kamins at night three times a week. My reason for the gifts of eternal youth to myself is simply to take this time out of my day for relaxation. ❤️ Brands: B.Kamins Menopause Rx EVE LOM Night Cream L'Occitane (everything of their's is amazing!) Tatcha Rice Enzyme powder (leaves my skin beautifully fresh and matte every time) and the face cloth brand is "Erase Your Face"

Re: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

Ah @fairlywell the deal is sealed then! I just now have to decided where to order it from! Thankfully I have no children to skew my results!

Re: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

@NotCrocker I like it too. 🙊 At first I thought it was breaking me out, but that turned out to be my five year old drying her hands on my clean face cloths. What does it do: I have normal/dry skin, and massaged into damp skin it just leaves a GLOW. I was afraid it would be too heavy for summer, but it's not! As a side benefit, it also smells wonderful. Lately I've been alternating BC with Vintners Daughter at night - I feel like they do different things. My summer skin doesn't want both at once. While I'm typing this novel of a reply I might as well mention that I put away my Aurelia Cell Repair oil for a while - that's turned out to be too heavy for me in summer. 

@mrsbaine ohhhh girl. It's probably happening. Two trusted 'yes's is pretty darn convincing. I like having a night routine, so that would be a solid addition. Thanks for the feedback!

NotCrocker wrote:

Ah @mrsbaine the enabling is strong here! @Mochapj's May Lindstrom use has had me interested in Blue Cocoon for sometime but the price is so prohibitive. Knowing that Mocha likes it, and now you... hmm I am more tempted than ever! What do you find it does for you?

@Mochapj turned me onto it as well @NotCrocker. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a little texture. Since beginning to use it at night (along with some oils like The Youth Dew, and Uma Clarifying), I've found that my skin is clear from texture issues and my skin is really hydrated and smooth. I also really like the scent a lot. It relaxes me as I put it on. It is a little greasy going on, which is why I only use a little bit; when I wake up, my skin is plump, clear and feels very soft. 

@CW945 I'll have to think about, even though I really don't want to think about it. LOL

Eep, the giant 100ml tub of Thermal Cleansing Balm from Omorovicza! But worth every penny.s1718857-main-Lhero

I used that cleansing balm religiously when Sephora first carried it. Somewhere along the way though they changed the formula and my skin no longer agreed with it. To me it was worth the cost because it lasted sooo long.  It was the only cleanser I needed at night for waterproof makeup and everything. I still haven't found a replacement.

Most expensive is def the Rodin Facial Oil.  I really hate that I love that darn stuff so much at $170/oz.

In terms of straight up price (regardless of product type or size) I think the most I've spent on a single product is May Lindstrom's Problem Solver mask.

In terms of $/oz though...it must be one of the Odacite serums (which sadly did not work for me), Tata Harper Purifying mask (a fav), or most of my face oils.

Oh thats a good one! I love this brand too!

Oh thats a good one! I love this brand too!

I usually drop around $80+ dollars on serum. I've come to accept that is the price I must pay for serum as a more dry-skinned person!

But that doesn't make me flinch since I'm used to it. What DID make me flinch is when I fell in love with the Emma Hardie moringa balm. Paying $60 for a cleanser was intense, but it's SO good (got a sample in my Glossybox and had to buy the FS!)

Oh man this is on my list to try @Alicehoopz just the price arrghh so expensive!

If I go with price/ml then it's Odacite CaR Serum but if it's about a single product costing most (disregarding the amount we get) Oskia Brightlight Serum I think.

my PETER THOMAS ROTH rose stem cell bio repair cream. my skin loves it so much i've had trouble getting myself to use anything else. which means i get through it very quickly. i've never had a product of that sort of price tag that i've been willing to repurchase when i get through it so quickly. but this has honestly been worth it--and worth adjusting my budget to accommodate.

i don't think is the most expensive thing i've gone for. but it is in terms of the instant loyalty to it it instilled. 

I think this is tied for me between May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon and Vintners Daughter Active Botanical Serum.

Both have gone up in price since I bought them so i think one is now more expensive than the other, but at the time I had bought them, they both cost the same.

@CW945 GHD flat iron - and worth every penny!  

And it looks like GHD finally brought back a flat iron spray.  I know they discontinued theirs years ago...too bad this one doesn't have alcohol in it which I prefer.

The DE TLC Sukari Babyfacial! It had great reviews and af...

The DE TLC Sukari Babyfacial! It had great reviews and after already having gone cold DE, thought it would be a great addition to try.

Now I want some so bad, but it isn't available in Canada...

Now I want some so bad, but it isn't available in Canada yet 😕 I will keep my eyes on the lookout, thank you!

Hopefully they will start bringing it to Canada soon!

Hopefully they will start bringing it to Canada soon!

Algenist Bi-Phase Peel is one of definitely up there in price.  A friend got me hooked on it and now I scour TJMaxx for it every time I go.

http://www.sephora.com/genius-ultimate-anti-aging-bi-phase-peel-P395113?skuId=1707744

And, I'm a sucker for pretty packaging and that's the only reason I bought Shiseido Essence over other brands when I decided to give essences a try.  Fortunately it is very good!

http://www.sephora.com/eudermine-revitalizing-essence-P173653?skuId=153726&icid2=products grid:p173653

The Algenist Bi-Phase peel is one of my favorite products of all time! I've only seen it once at TJ Maxx though.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • s1718857-main-Lhero
testing