Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

What is the most luxurious or expensive skin care product you've ever purchased as a gift to yourself? Gotta good story to go with your reason for your splerge? The most amazing discovery I've experienced for my face and neck is now no longer a secret.....Its not the most expensive but definately the most luxurious! I recently was complimented by my dentist on my "perfect skin". I am obsessed with the 3 brands of products in my pic and B.Kamins.(not shown) However, I must give credit to the Clarins skin care line, since I stayed loyal to this beautiful brand for many years. I still love Clarins and I highly recommend it. I would purchase the teen line for my daughter when I shopped for myself and neither of us had any problems with our skin except the odd blemish and my bit of rosacia...lucky??? maybe ..but even the men in my family that I have gifted Clarins to have loved it and swear they wont change brands now. Alas, my time had come to stray from the usual and I now have my new "fountain of youth" products. I know...mixing brands might be a faux pas but they are THE most luxurious products I've ever used so far. The B.Kamins menopause Rx cream (im out of this cream right now but my order is in the mail) is also one of my most luxurious and extremely effective skin care products. You dont have to have to be older or have mature skin to use. Its magic blue crystals are cooling on the skin and it really tamed down my redness. Im 41yrs old, combo skin. * I use all of these products usually twice a day, in the morning and evening and switch out the EVE LOM night cream for B.Kamins at night three times a week. My reason for the gifts of eternal youth to myself is simply to take this time out of my day for relaxation. ❤️ Brands: B.Kamins Menopause Rx EVE LOM Night Cream L'Occitane (everything of their's is amazing!) Tatcha Rice Enzyme powder (leaves my skin beautifully fresh and matte every time) and the face cloth brand is "Erase Your Face"

Re: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

Most expensive is by far May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon.  I picked one up just before the prices went up this year and while I do enjoy it, I don't know if I will get a new one when it runs out.  One expensive item I have repurchased is the Sunday Riley Good Genes.  My skin loves this stuff!  I'm on my third bottle 🙂

Re: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

I'm not using anything over $100 right now (though several products are close!)  I think based on the price and the fact that many wouldn't consider it necessary, the most luxurious is the Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener.  I'm not sure if it's the product or a placebo effect, but I feel like my skin has dramatically improved with use.  I was introduced to this in April and now that I'm almost out of it I've already repurchased.

http://www.sephora.com/the-essence-plumping-skin-softener-P415771?skuId=1890904&keyword=P415771

Biggest splurge has been some Omorovicza and Tata Harper...

Biggest splurge has been some Omorovicza and Tata Harper products - recently the TH Purifying Cleanser and a multi item trial kit from Omorovicza. I absolutely adore every Omorovicza product in it - especially the Thermal Cleansing Balm - huge splurge and will buy the full size. I am finding Tata Harper not worth the high price and won't purchase again (I have about 8 of her products, full or travel size). Previously a big splurge was a Clarisonic. Actually, I bought 2 total. Horrible things - wish I knew what I now know about over exfoliation. Now I mainly use chemical exfoliation and super regret spending nearly $400 on those stupid things.

RE: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

The SK-II essence for sure..I try to not use it but my face immediately gets worse if I don't!

My favorite skin care splurges are Omorovicza's Blue Diamond Resurfacing Peel and Copper Peel, and Lancome's Genifique serum and Vissionnaire skin corrector. 

Anonymous Insider

SKII treatment essence. It is so expensive but I need it when I travel I tend to bring travel packets samples with me if it is watery or bulky. After only one or two days without using it, I do notice that my skin textures are starting to show and my pores do get more noticeable. It is expensive as heck but lasts for a long time and it really really works. 

realiner wrote:

SKII treatment essence. It is so expensive but I need it when I travel I tend to bring travel packets samples with me if it is watery or bulky. After only one or two days without using it, I do notice that my skin textures are starting to show and my pores do get more noticeable. It is expensive as heck but lasts for a long time and it really really works. 

I like this essence too but haven't bought a full size one. I got Missha instead which people call a dupe for SK II. Not sure if it's an exact dupe, but it's pretty close. I did test (for science) of Missha for a month and then the SKII (I had 2 deluxe samples) for a month. I saw no difference. Missha is half the price and available at Target. 

I think it will be Tatcha night cream soon, but currently the PTR gold eye mask for my spa day at home when I unwind.

@Mcakes replying here because the new layout is jank.

sunscreen and taking good care of your skin is the best thing you can do, so you're on the right track! i'm very lucky that my skin isn't in worse shape, as i didn't take great care of it or wear sunscreen until i hit 30! botox and fillers can definitely help, but in conjunction with a good skin care routine and not as a replacement.

@fairlywell i've had botox once! i think it's definitely worth trying- my forehead lines are minor, even my "11" lines, but i have lots of crows feet and deeper wrinkles by my eyes, and it really refreshed my face! it's been several months and it's just now wearing off. i plan on getting it again someday for sure 🙂

RE: Re: The most luxurious/expensive skin care product you ever purchased for yourself?

@unfungirl thanks for the notes! Good to know.

@Mcakes At 36 I have to tell you that some wrinkles are inevitable. Hydration goes a long way though! A few years ago I thought seriously about Botox for the forehead crease. Instead I got bangs, which I am now growing out. I'm not against botox/similar, I just haven't decided. My current strategy is to lie up in age. If asked, I look darn good for 48. 🙂

I am just starting to wander down the rabbit hole of expensive skin care lol so at the moment it would be the Sunday Riley Luna Oil. I enjoyed it, but I am not in a rush to buy it again. I do need to get more serious about skin care though. I'm nearing the big 30 in a couple of years! 

@Mcakes When you say "get more serious" what are you hoping to treat/avoid? I love that skincare is actually a microcosm of being kind to yourself how you are. Getting to know your needs is important. (PS Happy to see you here!)

@fairlywell I suppose what I want to avoid is pretty basic, fine lines and wrinkles. I have dry skin so I am constantly trying to keep my skin nice and moisturized to help prevent it. Also am very religious with sunscreen application! 

I heard that getting botox is good for prevention too. Any thoughts on that? I was talking to @unfungirl about this the other day lol. 

P.S. You are so sweet!! Thanks for welcoming me to this thread 😄 !

This Vine Vera peel. Honestly was shocked with the results and found it cleared out my pores better than anything else I've tried. It also left my skin feeling incredible. 

https://www.vinevera.com/resveratrol-vitamin-c-peeling

I feel like I should be allowed to plead the fifth here, but the truth is that some of my priciest products perform much better than the ones that were less expensive impulse buys. Vintners Daughter is crazy expensive, but it's a good product. I've tried several less expensive oils (<$50) and the first thing I missed was the fast absorption time. Blue Cocoon is also pretty special, although if it's an uncomfortable price point I would not call it an essential. I got a free ML Youth Dew with an order when she updated the packaging size, and my summer skin is loving that in the morning. It's going to be a repurchase for me, it's the only oil that has worked for me under makeup so far. I have Problem Solver and Honey Mud as well, enjoy both, but they are "experience" products for me. Clay masks and honey hydrators are available at other price points.

I am way off topic now, but finding a (relatively) non-spendy product that does the job is pretty exciting. 11Huesday Photo Luminosity serum is one of my best things. Herbivore Blue Tansy mask isn't the cheapest, but every time I've used it I've seen a noticeable difference. Origins charcoal mask is still my favorite for warding off a breakout. And don't even get me started on sunscreen, the best product for my money!

Is it bad if the answer is probably my whole regime? 🤐  

Its a toss-up between the Tom Ford intensive infusion face oil, which I use as my night time serum, and the Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme Moisturizer, which I also use at night. Both carry a hefty price tag, but I bought both of them with discounts and they just last FOREVER! I've barely made a dent in either one and had them over a year 🤐  

The single most expensive thing I've bought was May Lindstrom's Blue Cocoon. I was introduced to the brand by a fellow community member and am happy I was! It's done wonders for my skin. I'm still using my first bottle of it (which I think I got in November or December. I have maybe a quarter left. Thinking about usage and how long it's lasted, it turns out it's not the most expensive thing ever. I would go through night creams a lot faster! 

The other expensive splurge was African Botanics Resurfacing Mask. It's a $200 skincare mask. I like it and it does work, but I've found other things that work just as well for a fraction of the price, so I probably won't repurchase that, unless it somehow becomes a miracle product I can't live without with continued use. 

Ah @mrsbaine the enabling is strong here! @Mochapj's May Lindstrom use has had me interested in Blue Cocoon for sometime but the price is so prohibitive. Knowing that Mocha likes it, and now you... hmm I am more tempted than ever! What do you find it does for you?

If you can try to get a sample first, I would. I think I bought The Honey Mud from ML Direct and asked for a sample of Blue Cocoon. The sample is very generous and I was able to use it for more than a week before I took the plunge. I still use the jar for travel actually. Similar to @fairlywell I don't find this at all too heavy for summer use; in fact, I've brought this on vacation with me to the Caribbean and been totally fine. (Side note, it works great on Sunburn). I hope we've sufficiently brought you to the ML crew @NotCrocker

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • s1718857-main-Lhero
testing