Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The best eye cream?

Need recommendations for the best eye creams that people use? Thanks!

Re: The best eye cream?

@MakeupObsessedK It depends on what you're looking for for sure! Eye creams are frequently GWP and 100 point perks and they're usually a fairly good value since the size is typically 1/5 of the FS and eye creams are expensive, plus they last a long time. It's worth waiting for one to come up IMO.

Personally I've really liked the Belief Moisture Bomb one for daytime- super hydrating, moisturizing, and light (got it as a sample in my Play Box, but I've seen it as a 100 point reward- just as an example). My all-time favorite night eye cream is the Fresh Black Tea firming and de-puffing cream. Super moisturizing and rich, but not too much. The Inkey also has some good options- their caffeine eye cream is super light and has a nice texture. The sephora collection just launched some clean skincare options that are pretty good as well.

My main suggestion would be- if you only want to buy one get a day cream/ gel formula and maybe buy an oil (something gentle and calming) to layer over it at night to give you something extra when/if you need it (the Ordinary Rosehip oil would be a great choice). It's better to go light with eye moisturizers, it can get tedious but you can always layer on more if your skin is still dry, too heavy a moisturizer will have you ending up with milia. See if you can get to a store and try some out for sure! Take home some samples- a little bit should last you weeks- and then make a decision. 

RE: The best eye cream?

tatcha peony is heaven for both day and night!

Daytime? Drunk Elephant C-Tango eye cream. Nighttime? Drunk Elephant Shaba Complex Eye Serum under some marula oil!

@MakeupObsessedK I love Tatcha Ageless Renewal Eye Cream

The best eye cream?

Tatcha's Peony

Ive been using an eyecream by La Prairie for quite a while now and have to say Im not really finding it any better than the Clinique one I used to use. Or even a smidge of regular old Nivea Creme.

I really like laneige water bank eye gel. Feels super cooling and soothing when you put it on.

@MakeupObsessedK I've always had good look with the ALGENIST - Complete Eye Renewal Balm. It's pretty hydrating without being greasy and I notice an improvement when I use it over a long period of time.

@MakeupObsessedK  - I have a few ingredient concerns - one primarily is fragrance / parfum, however, before that became an issue I used L'Occitane's  Precious Immortelle eye cream (blue jar).  I used it after eye surgery and it was so moisturizing and soothing I just carried it around with me. I since switched to cleaner product lines discovered Biossance's Squalane+ Peptide Serum.  I find it hydrating.  I also like the new Biossance Squalane + Marine Algae Firming & Lifting Eye Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL which I sometimes use alone or pair with the Peptide Serum.    

@MCSSavvy I received this one in gratis and though I like it, it's not hydrating enough for me.

@MakeupObsessedK  Depends on what you want your eye cream to do. 🙂 

Lately I’ve used my full-face moisturizer (Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...) as my eye cream, to combat dryness and plump that skin up a bit. Superfood contains sunflower seed oil, hyaluronic acid, green tea, and vitamins E, C (ascorbic acid), and B5 (panthenol). It works great on my dry undereyes, as long as I apply it in layers there. No matter what moisturizing cream/gel/oil I use under my eyes, I must apply at least 2 layers of it. That’s the driest skin on my face. 

Sometimes I use a facial oil as one of my undereye moisturizing layers. I love e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil for this. Any 100% squalane oil also works great, like Biossance 100% Sugarcane Squalane Oil 3.4 oz / 100 mL or The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL. I also love KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL for this, but my eyes are strangely sensitive to it so I don’t use it often anymore. You could even use a 100% rosehip oil, like The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. Sometimes I only use an oil as my undereye moisturizer, with no cream layers. 

I’m phasing out my former eye cream to simplify my entire skincare routine a bit. I LOVE this eye cream, though: Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel. (Can’t tag it but Sephora sells it: https://www.sephora.com/product/squalane-peptide-eye-gel-P416562?icid2=similar%20products:p416562:pr...) It’s very moisturizing and it firms up my crepey undereye skin. I use another product—DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum—that also firms my undereye skin, so this eye cream is redundant for me, especially since I can get good moisturization from other products in my routine. The DDG eye serum also targets undereye darkness not caused by sunken skin or genetics: it can’t do anything for those 2 types of darkness (no OTC skincare product can), but it’s erased the sun damage darkness I had under my eyes. And it’s gradually reducing my fine lines. 

@WinglessOne  - Love your love for Biossance!  I personally do not have much luck with YTTP except their sleep mask but even that has a fragrance that bothers me.  I love the texture of Antigen but it not quite as moisturizing as my face would like.  LOL.  I also sometimes just use facial oil as my moisturizer for eye.  

@MCSSavvy  YTTP Adaptogen cream isn’t moisturizing enough for me, either, and something about its texture bothers me. I was surprised Superfood worked so well for me: it contains alfalfa, an ingredient that sometimes irritates my skin. But my face seems fine with this moisturizer. My skin’s quite sensitive to certain fragrances/scents, but apparently none that are in Superfood. It’s not moisturizing enough in frigid cold weather though, so this winter I’ll layer a facial oil under or over it. 

I love Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Oil with Squalane and Antioxidants 1 oz / 30 ml everywhere on my face except my undereyes and lids: my eyes are slightly sensitive to it. I’m still working through a bottle of YTTP vitamin C serum but won’t repurchase it. I hate the YTTP cleanser: it’s much too drying for me. Eh, there’s no brand who’s entire product line I can use. 

Hi @MakeupObsessedK,

I really like the ESTÉE LAUDERAdvanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex! It helps with under eye puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles and dark circles!

https://www.sephora.com/product/advanced-night-repair-eye-supercharged-complex-P433885

Always,

Danee

Hi @MakeupObsessedK,

I like eye creams that have Vitamin C because they brighten my under eye area. I really like the Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 48 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing