Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The Ordinary

Hi! What are some products from The Ordinary that you guys reccomend? I'm looking for 1-2 products that I can use daily. I'm trying to fade acne scars!

Re: The Ordinary

It depends on the type of scarring you’re talking about. Pigmentation can be helped with the niacinimide serum and vitamin c. If it’s physical scarring (indents), then and AHA would be more helpful (either using their AHA+BHA Peel once or twice a week or their lactic acid serum about 3 times a week).

RE: The Ordinary

I use a lot of The Ordinary products. I don’t use their vitamin C because vitamin C can be temperamental and difficult to layer, and so many of The Ordinary’s products can be cocktailed together. So I keep my vitamin C completely separate from my TO cocktails. I would recommend using Alpha Arbutin with Niacinamide. For about a year I was alternating mornings - one day Ole Henriksen Clean Truth vitamin c serum, next day The Ordinary alpha arbutin, Niacinamide and matrixyl. My scars and dark spots faded, and pores were less noticeable. Since adding retinol and some other TO products I’ve made some changes to when and how I use these products, but I’ll never again be without them.

RE: The Ordinary

Niacinamide and zinc serum is amazing! They also have a vitamin c serum... make sure to wear sunscreen everyday even if ur not going out to help with dark spots as well ❤️

I use several of the Ordinary products.  If you were to only buy 1 i would suggest the Vitamin C pure powder its been out of stock it mixes with any of your creams or oils and it is fantastic and you dont have to worry about it going bad you mix as you need. If you have break outs and rosacea i suggest the niacinmide along with the azealic acid  dont use the niacinimide at the same as the vitamin C they counteract each other

I use the Vitamin C lotion and Hyaluronic Acid Skin Buffet, it's a staple for layer my skin products.

The Ordinary

Honestly, there are lots of options depending on the type of product you want to use. A lot of people swear by rosehip oil to fade acne scars if you're interested in an oil. The Niacinamide serum, Alpha Arbutin, Glycolic Toner, and all the Vitamin C products are designed for daily use and will help with scarring. I haven't personally tried any of their retinol options, but that is definitely an ingredient that will fade scarring, prevent ongoing acne, refine your pores, and prevent aging. It is extremely important with all of these products that you make SPF your religion! That will also help with hyperpigmentation on your scars.

Hey, that peeling solution is designed to be used no more...

Hey, that peeling solution is designed to be used no more than twice a week. A better option for daily use would be the Glycolic Toner or any of the Vitamin C Serums.
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing