Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The Ordinary

Hi, I just bought two things from The Ordinary brand and it will be the first time that I am trying this brand. I was wondering if anyone has tried these two products and what the results where. 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL

Re: The Ordinary

I’ve tried them both.

The peeling solution is great. I use this type of product weekly and use acid serums a couple nights a week, but still found the need to rinse it off a smidge early since my skin is so dry and sensitive from the weather. If you’re not used to treatments like this it’s better to rinse early than to leave it on too long and irritate your skin. It doesn’t make my skin quite as baby soft as the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL but for the price difference it works well enough. I like the pigment, helps to see where product has been applied/rinsed.

Regarding the niacinamide, I mostly use it as a spot treatment at night. A little goes a long way. This product can be very drying so if spreading all over my face I mix it into another hydrating serum instead of applying it alone, one or two drops is plenty. It’s good for mattifying prior to applying makeup and has helped me shrink some cystic pimples. It has also helped with brightening some dark spots.

Re: The Ordinary

@Annaj22 I use both of these products, the niacinamide I use every day. I've never had any reactions, and I see great improvement in my skin. The peel is also one I use once every two weeks for chemical exfoliation and smooth skin

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing