Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

The Ordinary “Buffet” used with Drunk Elephant

I was recently gifted a few Drunk Elephant items and am excited to try them out. However, I still want to use some of The Ordinary products I love like THE ORDINARY - . DE stresses that you should only use their products, but The Ordinary is really seen as supplemental. So my question is, would using Buffet with Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL be redundant? Are there any other crossovers or discrepancies I should be aware of? I know Vitamin C doesn’t play well with some products.

Re: The Ordinary “Buffet” used with Drunk Elephant

I mix other products with DE all the time. I used OLE cleanser, FAB radiance pads, then DE Shaba complex eye serum, Derma Dr wrinkle revenge eye cream, TLC Framboos, and Fresh Black Tea Corset Cream tonight. Honestly I’ve tried Protini over the Framboos and my skin feels too dry and sticky. You could always do a little test patch if you’re worried. For me, the only treatment I really like that’s entirely DE is my morning cocktail of C-Firma, B-Hydra, D-Bronzi all mixed and smoothed on under the Protini cream. I’m not an expert, just apparently a skincare maniac for daring to mix brands, lol 😝 

Hi @shillerz! I don't think it would be redundant, but I would check to see how your skin reacts to the two! I haven't used it with the Protini Moisturizer, but I use the Buffet with other "active" products and I haven't run into any issues.  I hope this helps! 

Best, 

Kevin

Thanks! I'm glad others have had experiences with both. Can I ask what your skin profile is? Mine is combination/oily, the only one so far that my skin doesn't like is the marula oil. I've been breaking out from that.

You might like the Marula oil better if you only dispense a drop or two and swirl it into a pump of your face cream before applying. I break out initially until getting used to most products unless I introduce them very slowly (like once a week, then twice a week, etc.)

Good point! I might try that, it was just sitting on my face before and felt like it was leaving a residue. I’ve seen conflicting reviews saying whether or not it’s comedogenic. My skin does break out easily, and I don’t want to give up on it and throw it out just yet.

@shillerz - yes! My skin is dry, but a bit sensitive.  I do tend to break out when I try to introduce too many new things at once.  I really have to ease my skin into product! lol (Which is hard to do because there's so much skincare I want to try)

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing