From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

The Ordinary, 11 products, 4wks in. AMAZING results, how i layer, my crazy routine, for dry, dehydrated, textured skin, focusing on anti age

Ok, So I get that my routine is very VERY, MORE IS MORE. and esp., because i use my night routine when not leaving the house/applying makeup, 2-3x a wk. it can be seen as overkill. But so far, even my fickle skin is handling the overload of products like a champ, and my texture is SOOOOOOO much better, my redness improved, deep smile lines MIGHT be looking better, or its placebo, undereyes better, overall skin appearance 100% better, skin isn't so dry.

AM Routine:

1. I use my Clarisonic (brush head depends on how my skin looks that morning) with Hydropeptide from The Dermstore, Exfoliating Cleanser, Anti Wrinkle
  2. Allow To Dry Fully
  3. Apply to forehead, around eyes, and smile lines (anywhere lines are appearing) The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL
  4. Apply To Entire Face and Neck, The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F 1 oz/ 30 mL

5. In hand mix 1 or 2 at MOST drops each. of

The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL

-THE ORDINARY - Buffet

-THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

6. Apply Moisturizer, I like

-It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream and Eye Cream or

Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Eye 0.5 oz/ 15 ml

-KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream

-KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

7. Around The Orbital Bone focusing on the area you have discoloration and bags, remembering to be extremely GENTLE, as this is the most delicate skin on your body, and you dont want to do more harm (this can be done before or after moisturizer, as can all oils) massage in The Ordinary Caffeine 5% + EGCG Depuffing Eye Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

I havent tried it, but some say, that this adaptor is great with the Caffeine Solution.

CLARISONIC - Sonic Awakening Eye Massager

8. Then apply (though also could be applied with the retinol, buffet, and hyaluronic mix.. or before moisturizer)  The Ordinary "B" Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

IF IT STARTS TO PILL, I SPRAY A MIX OF ROSEWATER GLYCOLIC ACID and DISTILLED WATER 50/50 MIX, AND TAP IT BACK INTO MY FACE

AT NIGHT- ONLY THINGS THAT CHANGE-

-Put The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL a cotton pad and gently wipe face, I prefer Shiseido Super-Soft, 100% Natural Facial Cotton 165 sheets

-1st product after Toner in PM, is The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10% + HA 2% Exfoliating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

-instead of, or including the "B" Oil, use

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

-2-3x a week, less depending on how your skin reacts, Use The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL

For me it was really trial and error, i never expected to use more than the recommended 3 serums a day and 3 at night. But holy crap the toner and peeling solution, i didnt know that my skin HAD an entire layer to shed like that, i went full reptilian and shed my skin a week into it. I thought i was having a reaction at first, Ive never seen anything like it, once it peeled off, my texture was so much better

Re: The Ordinary, 11 products, 4wks in. AMAZING results, how i layer, my crazy routine, for dry, dehydrated, textured skin, focusing on anti

wow @Eward909 you must have pretty resilient skin! my combo, sensitive skin was practically burning and breaking out reading that list of oils and acids for daily use. all skincare is trial and error. glad you found a routine that works for you!

Re: The Ordinary, 11 products, 4wks in. AMAZING results, how i layer, my crazy routine, for dry, dehydrated, textured skin, focusing on anti

This is so amazing! Thank you for sharing your process and results with us. What was your skin type going in? 

Sorry it took so long, I was super dry and dehydrated, plus I'm lacking almost all volume in my face due to extreme weight loss a few yrs ago, so I have very visible nasolabial folds and no cheeks (but considering fillers to sculpt new cheeks and fill the nasolabial lines, I was so insecure about those lines being only 31, and I was using the THICKEST night creams and oils and everything I could to get moisture into my skin, but nothing penetrated it seemed... I'm very happy now, got my refill box of... 14 Ordinary products yesterday (trying a few new things) and the hardest thing is figuring out whether to use something in ur AM or. PM routine or both, then seeing if they're compatible or if they'll pill when mixed. (I know ur supposed to mix like pH level products, but it's not like they're labeled with they're pH lvl lol) But this is the cross I wear for amazing skincare without sacrifice, The Ordinary recommends 2-3 serums at a time, AM and PM but I use a method called cocktailing that I saw on a makeup artist YouTube awhile back (Wayne Goss) and it helps apply it all with less chance of pilling, by the way their anti aging products work at least in the sense that my folds are much more shallow and I'm less insecure and makeup takes much longer to drift into those creases, can't speak on age prevention in only a few mos

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing