Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Thank you Sephora, BIC, Drunk Elephant, FAB, & Dr. Jart!

0C21DB97-7782-4F26-847F-1BCE3A4D63A6.jpeg

I was so pleased to receive this generous gratis today for my participation in BIC. Thank you very much to Sephora and BIC for selecting me, and to @DrunkElephant @firstaidbeauty and Dr.Jart for providing me with these products to try!

I have received the DE C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream, 2 shades of the FAB Ultra Repair Tinted Moisturizer with broad spectrum SPF 30, and the Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment with physical (vs chemical) SPF 30. I will be checking into this thread with my thoughts as I have a chance to explore these products thoroughly. Thanks @KatieBT! 💕

EDIT April 5:

OK, so I’m going out on limb here and posting unfiltered photos for you guys. Yikes! I had a fair bit of redness this morning, plus what is either a zit or a radioactive spiderbite on my cheek. 😜 I used the teensiest bit of the Dr. Jart cream on my red areas, and it really did knock back the redness. The cream feels smooth and neither drying nor hydrating. It smells very strongly of lavender, so it may be too much for very sensitive skin. I mixed a little of the FAB tinted moisturizer in fair with my Tarte BB cream in fair, and a drop of facial oil, and used that as my foundation. It wasn’t until I got to work that I realized I hadn’t applied any concealer other than under my eyes, but the Cicapair had done a decent job at neutralizing the red areas I would usually have covered with Hourglass Vanish. As the day wore on, the redness on my cheeks came through the makeup, but my nose is still fairly neutralized. The FAB has oxidized, even though I mixed it with a lighter BB cream, and has settled into my lines, most noticeablely on my forehead. A3CC097C-AD9C-40F6-AC56-6128D2C6EB1C.jpeg

Edit April 6:

Update on the Drunk Elephant eye cream. I have now used this two nights and two days. The packaging is great because the twist-up pump is very hygienic and protects the active ingredients from exposure to oxygen. I tried using a full pump, but it released a pea-sized amount, which I find too much for the eye area. I prefer to gently squeeze a rice-sized portion for application. It feels very hydrating and emollient going on, however within minutes I find my eye area feeling tight and dry. I have very dry skin, so it’s possible it’s just not heavy enough for my needs, but I layer the FAB Triple Remedy Overnight Balm on top for extra moisture at night. I won’t be using the C-Tango again in the daytime, because it does not play well with undereye concealer. Both yesterday and today it made my makeup pill and resulted in patchiness. I will continue using this at night to see if it helps with my discolouration. 

EDIT April 15. 

I hate to come with bad news, but the Dr. Jart Cicapair cream has destroyed my skin. I could cry. I decided to try wearing it 7 days ago all over my face as a foundation. It left a weird greyish green cast on my skin, and within hours I started to feel a burning sensation on my face. I washed it off to discover my face was completely covered in tiny red bumps. Obviously I have not used it since then, but my skin is still highly textured, and constantly forming tiny whiteheads and blackheads, mostly from my cheekbones down. I am still covered in little red bumps. 7 days later. I haven’t been using anything else new. I am devastated. I’m embarrassed to post this, but you deserve to see the havoc this product has wreaked on my previously nice skin.I’m embarrassed to post this, but you deserve to see the havoc this product has wreaked on my previously nice skin.

Edit: April 22. Well I really wanted to give the eye cream a fair shot, but I have to quit, because I’m getting just the worst milia from it. So to recap, it’s not hydrating enough for my dry skin, and yet it’s clogging my delicate undereye area. Thumbs way down for this product.

So gross.So gross.

Re: Thank you Sephora, BIC, Drunk Elephant, FAB, & Dr. Jart!

I wanted to come back with a much delayed update on the C-Tango MultiVitamin Eye Cream. When I last reviewed it I said it gave me Milia/bumps under my eyes and after about a weeks wear I put it aside. Last month I ran out of eye cream and for some reason decided to try it again. Well, I've now been through an entire 5ml sample and then some and I have to say I am now enjoying it. No milia, no bumps and I definitely see a reduction in dark circles when nothing else has changed. It took a few weeks to notice a change but I'm quite happy to continue using this for the moment. I usually take my eye cream quite close to my eye but this time I have been limiting it to the orbital bone all around. I do like the light cream texture, so I'm glad I gave it another try as I can definitely see an improvement. Thanks again @KatieBT and @DrunkElephant for the gratis!

@Aaliaa - wow, i wonder what it was that caused that issue? i had a deluxe sample of this but i gave it to a cashier at sephora because i was afraid to use it. go figure!

I dunno, because the only new product that I tried was the Dr. Jart and FAB but I never took near my eye and the rest of my face was fine. This time I am using less product (I find the recommended one pump too much anyways) and staying around my orbital bone. I've heard others say taking this it close to the eye has caused issues for some so maybe the application technique made a difference. I'm still pretty vigilant so if there are any updates I will share, but its been a month this time round so hopefully it continues working for me. @BrwnSugaG

I’m glad it’s working out better for you this time around @Aaliaa, thanks for the feedback 😄

I haven’t been consistently wearing the Dr. Jart because I don’t typically have too many problems with redness. However, I have a sunburn and used it today to cover some of the redness. It did a nice job neutralizing my burn...and helped protect me from getting more burnt today due to the SPF. I was most surprised by how nicely it covers the enlarged pores on my nose. My nose is getting pretty greasy from it, though, so I don’t know if I’d be able to wear it on a daily basis. It was also a little tricky to get blended in.

So, here’s my question: has ANYONE who has used the c tango longer than a week had a positive experience???

I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and nothing new.  That’s not to say its not working, just that it has been delivering similar results(or preserving me similarly) to my History of Whoo eye cream. I didnt have much in the way if dark circles to begin with so i cant comment on that.   And i can see maybe a slight tightening effect for the first hour or so after application... @mermadelove

@heartsmyface  Thanks for the Update, hearts! 

RE: Re: Thank you Sephora, BIC, Drunk Elephant, FAB, & Dr. Jart!

I have been using it for almost two weeks every night before bed. I have not experienced any issues, but I have not experienced any improvement either. To be fair, I don’t have an issue with dark circles or wrinkles, only puffiness in the morning.

Re: RE: Re: Thank you Sephora, BIC, Drunk Elephant, FAB, & Dr. Jart!

@Zvezdochka If that’s your only issue, you may have great luck using a jade roller. I literally watch puffiness and my ‘fatigue/stress “ circles disappear.  I use it after I apply my last layer of skincare, before primer and foundation. 

RE: Re: RE: Re: Thank you Sephora, BIC, Drunk Elephant, FAB, & Dr. Jart!

Oh thank you for the suggestion, @mermadelove ! I will definitely give it a try. I usually use eye creams with high concentration of caffeine. Or simple cold black tea bags on my eyes if I have a bit of time. But since I got Becca’s undereye primer (blue one) I have almost forgotten about the puffy eyes issue. It is my holy grail I guess thanks to high concentration of caffeine and cucumber.

@mermadelove I've been using it without significant issues since I got it so for a few weeks  (it makes my eyes a bit watery but I use before I go to bed ). TBH I have not noticed any difference whatsoever since I started using it though. I feel like a lot of drunk elephant products take some time though so I'm giving it a go for like 6 weeks but as of now I wouldn't really recommend it.  

That’s good to know about DE, @Kim888. This is my first go around with the brand so I’ll keep using (plus it’s hard to say no to free eye cream 🙃)

@Kim888 I hear that. Honestly the only products I have ever used that have given MIRAC/uLO?uS INSTANT results is Sunday Riley. So now I’m spoiled!!!! 

@mermadelove I haven’t experienced any issues yet, but I’ve not used it daily for an entire week straight. I feel like it makes my undereyes look firmer, though it didn’t make the darkness go away or anything like that (I doubt anything could). I haven’t noticed it giving me bumpiness or milia, but this may be due to the fact that I haven’t been using it daily. I guess I should try being a bit more consistent and see what happens! 

@PrettyPaint   I get rid of puffiness with my amethyst roller. With so many people having a bad experience, I may never use it regularly. I did notice the same thing you did after using it for a week, but my roller works faster for daily depuffing!!! I think I'm going to put it up for trade so that someone who loves it can get use of it. I hate throwing things away!!!

@mermadelove Oooh, which amethyst roller do you use? I’m curious now! 

I got it on ebay of all places and it. is. awesome!!!

@PrettyPaint

Pm me and I’ll give you the seller!!! 

Thanks @mermadelove. I’ve been having a few glitches on here for the past day or so and PM isn’t currently working for me, but I’ll message you about it later. I’m trying not to spend any money anyhow! 🙂 Just went through my collection, and I’m pretty annoyed at myself about how much stuff I’ve accumulated. 

@PrettyPaint  NO worries!!!

307 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • 0C21DB97-7782-4F26-847F-1BCE3A4D63A6.jpeg
  • 95C7E319-178A-4C18-A8D3-86C798B0A0EA.jpeg
  • A3CC097C-AD9C-40F6-AC56-6128D2C6EB1C.jpeg
  • 4ECBD87E-66ED-4F2E-A44C-42CEA4F4636A.jpeg
  • B7A4D485-C263-4166-81B9-28B3AA7D37E1.jpeg
  • George so intrigued my the products
  • ACE14500-2219-4B83-8E91-52200C33449C.jpeg
  • 0C8AFAC7-3222-4B0F-877A-6F051B14AEEA.jpeg