Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Textured skin

Hi 

I have oily to normal skin it’s T zone oily and I have pores too 

if I use any scrub or any moistured face wash 

I get small bumpy textured pimples or skin bulge around my mouth nose and forehead 

it’s not pimples but a kind of texture if I touch it with my hands I can feel it 

I don’t know what to use exactly to get rid of them and I too have pigmentation around my mouth and if I use vitamin c serum because of sinus my skin is bulging 

can any one pls suggest or advice any serums or peels and moisturizers and I also have very very sensitive skin 

Thankyou 

xxx

Re: Textured skin

Hi @ravali25  Since you have extremely sensitive skin, I recommend seeing a dermatologist if you can. A derm can diagnose any skin condition you might have and prescribe or recommend treatments. I know it's hard to see derms in person these days; I haven't been able to see mine in months. You could try an online dermatology resource like Apostrophe. They don't accept insurance, but I doubt they're super expensive since their goal is accessible services. You'll need to submit photos and as much info as you can about what's going with your skin. Then a doctor reviews your info and provides a diagnosis and treatment options. I've never used this service but a friend has; it's how he gets his tretinoin Rx. 

Meanwhile: if you have lots of bumpy texture right now and your skin's super sore (burning or stinging), stop using vitamin C and any products containing AHAs or BHA; if you use retinol, you might also wanna temporarily stop that or reduce frequency of use. Strip your routine way back to a gentle cleanser (consider The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL if it's in stock: gently rub it on your face, let it sit for 2-10 minutes as a soothing oat mask, then gently rub a cleanser like the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar right over the oat balm and rinse everything off) and a super occlusive moisturizer—a balm like Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment would be perfect. It'll feel very thick and probably greasy, especially on your oily zone, but it'll help your skin barrier repair itself and prevent moisture loss. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing