Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
Anonymous Insider

Teenager Acne Advice

I’m 14 and it’s in my genes to breakout really bad from 7th grade to around 9th grade. I’ve spent hundreds of dollars but my skin slowly builds up immunities to the acne products. At the moment I use mostly natural and organic products and try to keep it simple. I just am losing hope and don’t know what to do.

I have tried many things also. I had bad acne at your age...

I have tried many things also. I had bad acne at your age. I don't know what's going on with your body hormonally. BUT I can share what I have tried previously that seemed to help outside of a healthy diet andhydration. 1. Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging facial wash and firmx peeling gel. For breakouts the spot treatment by this brand works miracles. 2.Herbivore lapis oil and blue Tansy (this is what I have been using for 6 months and I have had the best results) I hope this helps. Sunday Riley didn't work for me at all & it's expensive but it might work for you. Hope you find your holy grail soon.

I'm 29 and have struggled with acne on and off since I wa...

I'm 29 and have struggled with acne on and off since I was your age. The best thing to do is to see a dermatologist and have them prescribe something for you. Also I have been using my Clarisonic for 8 years now and has made a huge improvement in my skin. If seeing a dermatologist ordoctor is not possible, look for a reputable estetician in your area who can help.

RE: Teenager Acne Advice

Sunday Riley good genes is a life saver. Also exfoliating helps a lot. I use the Dr. Jart dermabrasion and have noticed a huge difference in my break outs. Overall drinking a lot of water always helps and only using cold water on your face is best.

Sunday Riley Good Genes has been working wonders for my d...

Sunday Riley Good Genes has been working wonders for my daughter who has severe acne. She has cystic acne, blackheads, white heads and large pores. This is so far becoming holly grail status as shes been using it for the last 2 weeks. I have even used it to get rid of acne scarring and my nee scars have almost totally disappeared and my old scars are looking so much lighter. Good Genes is very expensive but there is a set with it and a face wash that can also double as a mask if mixed together and its only $28.00.

Drunk elephant glycolic night serum

Check out the the Clinique Acne Solutions Clear skin system starter kit. It has a cleanser, a toner and moisturizer aimed specially for acne. I found it to work great

I really recommend the “peace out” acne dots for the really big stressed out zits. They really help to shrink and minimize them over night and aren’t too bad looking if you need them during the day. I also would also check out the Peter Thomas Roth “Irish mood mud” cleanser And their acne pads/wipes. They will get your skin squeaky clean and super fresh feeling. Also look into the tatcha rice enzyme powders for an extra deep clean with some exfoliation. That will really help to get through the extra grease, oil and sebum. Also just remember to relax. The more you stress over them, the more they will freak out. Remember to moisturize as well or use an oil/serum. And GOOD LUCK!

Girl, if you find a solution let me know too! I definitel...

Girl, if you find a solution let me know too! I definitely feel your pain. I am 21 and have been struggling on and off with acne since I was 12. My face doesn't repond well at all to sacylic acid or benzoyl peroxide and only makes my acne worse (and these are the main active ingredients in like 99% of acne products). If you decide to try tea tree oil, I have seen some improvement with it but MAKE SURE to dilute it with water. Just using straight tea tree oil on your face can be dangerous. Also it has the strongest smell I have ever experienced from a product so if you are sensitive to fragrance it probably isn't the best option. But hey, I'm rootin for ya! Acne issues are never fun!

One more thing, if you don't like benzoyl peroxide produc...

One more thing, if you don't like benzoyl peroxide products, I heard tea tree oil does the same thing but isn't drying. I've never tried it though

There are a few things you could do that could help you,...

There are a few things you could do that could help you, but if the acne is mainly from hormones it's harder. The most important thing is your diet. A few things that would lessen acne would be to 1.cut out dairy entirely or as much as possible, 2. Drink lots of water! If you can consistently drink more water than usual everyday, at least a few bottles, your skin will thank you! 3. Try to cut out caffeine and sugary foods as much as possible. I would say these will help you more than topical treatments. For topical treatments, maybe change your cleanser if it's not helping you. I switched to Fresh Soy cleanser (even though it isn't stated to help acne) and my face got so bright and clear. I found out I was allergic to salicylic acid so my previous cleanser was making my face worse. You also want to gently exfoliate once or twice a week to remove dead skin. Follow with a purifying mask, like Boscia's mud charcoal mask or Glamglows clearing treatment. It will help get rid of gunk/oil/dirt in your pores. Spot treatments are great as well. Benzoyl peroxide or sulfur treatnents help overtime but it is very drying, so moisturize with an oil free moisturizer afterwards. Use something that doesn't have added fragrance because that could be irritating. If you try any of these out, I hope they help you! These are some things I follow and my face looks a lot better. Everything you use on your face doesnt have to be expensive, just check the ingredients for irritants like fragrance or alcohol, etc. I'm a teenager btw. Good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing