cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Tag! Summertime SPF

SPF Image.jpg

Summer is my favorite time of year, by far! It's sunny and usually full of fun outdoor activities and maybe even trips to tropical destinations if we’re lucky enough!

Summer is also the season of SPF so in celebration of summer, we thought it would be fun to play a (virtual) game of tag! I’m going to start the game below and share the rules for how to play:

1. Share your favorite summer getaway where sunscreen is a must!
  2. Tell us your favorite SPF for summertime sun protection.
  3. Tag a friend (or three!) to hear their favorites.*

Oh and if you haven’t been tagged yet but are really excited about sunscreen go ahead and share your faves below!

*Make sure you're @mentioning the person you want to tag so they get a notification!

SPF 2.jpg

Re: Tag! Summertime SPF

OMG!   Is that the same trip where the boat sunk!?!?  Girl, you really do have adventures!

@heartsmyface

Omg, that iguana is huge!!!  Let me see if I can get some pictures off my hubby.  He was flying a drone around capturing the action.  (my phone drowned on that trip so I don't have any of my own) @Tamara76

@heartsmyface this story made me LOL 😄 I'm glad you came out on top!

@mrsbaine - Getting around to answering your tag!

1. Anywhere tropical - I lived on an island for 2.5 years, and had to wear sunscreen everyday!

2. I like using the Shiseido Face Sunscreen - it seems to be the only one my skin can tolerate

Tagging back to @tsavorite and @txcatx. Thank you so much for the both of you tagging me in this post. You both are such sweeties! Sorry for taking so long to reply.. I had a bad case of the FLU... in the SUMMER!!! 😞     I'm not going to tag anyone b/c I think everybody I love has already participated but thanks again for the love. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

1. My fav summer getaway:

My favorite place on earth and my fav picture from there. This picture is too many years old but it still exemplifies every reason why this is the happiest place on earth. I took my mom here for her birthday right before she took a turn for the "worst" and went into a nursing home. It was a trip where we money was no option (I emptied my savings account) and we went to SEVEN different character meals because she LOVES seeing the characters! It was one of the best trips I have ever been on and the memories I created with my Mom I will have for the rest of my life. She ended the trip by telling me, "Thank you for giving me the world." I still get chills thinking of her saying that to me!My favorite place on earth and my fav picture from there. This picture is too many years old but it still exemplifies every reason why this is the happiest place on earth. I took my mom here for her birthday right before she took a turn for the "worst" and went into a nursing home. It was a trip where we money was no option (I emptied my savings account) and we went to SEVEN different character meals because she LOVES seeing the characters! It was one of the best trips I have ever been on and the memories I created with my Mom I will have for the rest of my life. She ended the trip by telling me, "Thank you for giving me the world." I still get chills thinking of her saying that to me!

2. My fav sunscreen

Even though I'm not totally fair skinned, I still tend to burn pretty easily. I actually had a really bad burn for my wedding that I got ONE MONTH BEFORE the actual wedding that I had to get treated by a dermatologist with steroids b/c it was so bad. (I got that on a school field trip btw.. nothing fun!) Since then I kind of go overboard on the sunscreen.Even though I'm not totally fair skinned, I still tend to burn pretty easily. I actually had a really bad burn for my wedding that I got ONE MONTH BEFORE the actual wedding that I had to get treated by a dermatologist with steroids b/c it was so bad. (I got that on a school field trip btw.. nothing fun!) Since then I kind of go overboard on the sunscreen.

@willa25 That is such a special picture and memory!!!

@willa25 What a loving story and money well spent. ❤️

I love this. What an awesome pic of you and your mom! It's great you guys have a special place! 

I am choking up reading your story @willa25. The feels!  I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time with your mom!  

Neutrogena is also a fav of mine.  

That story was really heart warming, thank you for sharing with us @willa25 ♡ 

I've got to try that sunscreen out. I didn't even know SPF 100+ existed!

Awwww!   Thank you so much for sharing your story!   That is an amazing memory!  @willa25 💗💗💗

ETA:  I was so caught up in your picture/story, I almost missed your note about why you've been away!  So happy you're feeling better now!

Oh my goodness @willa25 Heart  What a great picture and such a heartwarming story!  Thanks so much for sharing...

@willa25,

Such a cute photo of you and your Mom!  Such good memories!  What a beautiful lady.  🙂

Hope you're feeling better, @willa25!

RE: Tag! Summertime SPF

Banana boat baby spf 50 spray good god why because its cheap doesn't sting and I can apply it every two hours with makeup on It's pretty light it never mess it up. I never break out from it either.

@Mcakes@wheeeeeTY for Tagging me!! Summer is my favorite season!!! I wish I lived in a place it was summer all year 😄

Favorite summer getaway: Simple! BEACH!! We loveeeee the beach!  Anywhere there is a beach I am there! My son too!! He loves the water and the sand 😄

Favorite SPF: Supergoop!  But on a regular day for work etc..I use Laura Mercier Tinted moisturizer or Smashbox BB cream and Origins Vitazing (and many other BB/CC or tinted moisturizers)

I tag @shimmerbait @meganlisa @kso1225 @trishavt

I tried to look for people that werent tagged so i apologize if you were tagged already or if I missed any of my pals 😉 😄

Beach pic just for fun because its my happy place 😄

Spoiler
IMG_7453-1.JPG

Awwww - I love the beach, too!   Thanks for the beautiful picture!  @jen143xo 😊

Oooh...very nice pic @jen143xo!  I love the blue sky!  Heart 

RE: Tag! Summertime SPF

I wasn't tagged, but currently my favorite SPF is one from Bare Minerals. It leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and doesn't leave a greasy feeling 🙂

Sorry I am late to the party! Thanks for the tags @veronika23 @prettyinpa @Tamara76 @ElleElleG 😄 You ladies know I wasn't ignoring y'all...just had no reception out in the country 😉 

Ok so favorite summer getaway? This is a tough one! I love to travel and am terrible at picking favorites in general. This summer in particular my favorite has been Alpine-Marfa for sure. It is just incredibly beautiful and a great place to unplug for a bit. 

Favorite SPF goes to Ocean Potion overall, but I top it off with one of my SPF BB's, tinted moisturizers or foundations. It does not feel heavy on the skin but provides tons of protection. 

I can only tag one person so how about @jen143xo, sorry if you've already been tagged elsewhere! 

1. Share your favorite summer getaway where sunscreen is a must!
  2. Tell us your favorite SPF for summertime sun protection.
  3. Tag a friend (or three!) to hear their favorites.*

1. My favorite summer getaway is the beach.  Costa Rica has some of the best beaches, but I'm going to Crete in a couple of weeks and their beaches look pretty good, too!

2. My favorite SPF is probably anything SPF 35 or higher.  My go-to every day sunscreen is the neutrogena dry touch sun blocks.  

3. @etscore1 @guzelkiz @annypoo

testing