Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

TLC Sukari Babyfacial

Ok so my friend went state side and grabbed me a bottle of babyfacial so I used it last Sunday and did it for 20 mins like the instructions said and after I washed it off my face was burning so bad and super red. It hurt all night but by morning my face was super soft. So I’m a sucker for punishment so I tried it again. And burning again. I’m super bummed about it. It must just be to much for my skin. I already use TLC framboise and I’ve never had an issue with it. Is there another product similar I’ve been looking but I haven’t found something.  Any ideas?? 

RE: TLC Sukari Babyfacial

I try to only use it like every 2 or 3 weeks. But it works.

Re: TLC Sukari Babyfacial

Hi @ather 

The concentration of acids in Babyfacial is not approved for use in Canada. I have a few bottles also and I did not react however I am VERY accustomed to acids having been getting acid peels at spas. 
We have different regulations for consumer use, your skin needs a break. Do you have Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz? It’s incredibly soothing. 

@ather I literally just tried The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL tonight. I bought it a few months ago and had been terrified of using it. It's a similar concentration to Babyfacial. I definitely had tingling with this but no pain or burn. However, I don't have sensitive skin. My pores looked tiny afterwards. I honestly finally broke it out to deal with some bumps that have been sticking around after some cystic acne on my neck. Verdict in the morning. I will come back tomorrow and update you. Fair warning, this stuff looks gross on your face. I looked at it and thought, "It looks like I have placenta on my face." I started to add a 2nd layer to even out when applying and then felt the tingle and decided to stop messing with it. So yes, this looks very uneven. But I will give you my thoughts tomorrow.20200224_204213.jpg

That thread heading and this thumbnail got me so worried for you @sprocketta 😀 glad it’s all fine. 
I am seeing more and more ‘dupes’ for babyfacial i.e. masks in range of 20-30% acid range. I think herbivore and probably Farmacy has either launched or launching soon.

@naturalooks15 I know, that pic scared everyone. I know @eshoe mentioned the Herbivore mask. I wouldn't be surprised to see more. 

Oh man... @sprocketta your thumbnail had me eyes wide in panic for you!  lol I have this one as well and I agree it's quite a look, but at this price compared to the DE... I'll be buying the ordinary one again.  The differences were minimal when it came to effect. I'm super glad it helped with the cystic acne.  Gosh those sure can be painful. 

@missjeanie Sorry for the scare. I haven't tried the DE and wouldn't at that price point. I'm glad there's a more affordable option that does the job too.

Honestly @sprocketta I do enjoy the DE, but I totally agree.  I don't see myself repurchasing any time soon with the alternatives out there now. 

Oh my gosh @sprocketta I was so scared for a second before I read what you had in your face!! I'm so very relieved to hear TO worked out well, I like this stuff too!! @keana1 turned me on to this 👍

@lmaster If I used this last night, should I hold off on other acids in my regular routine for the next couple days, or can I go back to them tonight?

@sprocketta I use acids daily, I've personally not had any issues using this peel and then using a different form the next day, what product were you thinking about using?

@lmaster I use the Paula's Choice 2% bha and also her 8% aha gel.

@sprocketta @Let me know how your skin tolerates the acids tonight!! I’m curious 😊

@sprocketta I am going to say use caution, I honestly don't think you will have a problem, but if you feel any burning,, get it off. 

Gotcha. Thanks @lmaster 

Hi @sprocketta - I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Ordinary Peel.  I love DE Babyfacial but not its price. I picked up one of the Ordinary peel to try but haven’t gotten to testing it yet so thank you in advance for sharing your experience.

@newcarlee  Let me know how it is when you try it!!

@sprocketta  Oh that’s good to hear. I was wondering what people thought about the ordinary!! I thought you had burns all over your face when I saw the thumbnail so I’m happy it’s just product. I was very worried about you! I’m in Canada so I think they can’t ship that to me because it’s to strong. But I could be wrong. I know the drunk elephant isn’t sold in Canada either. But I’m super excited to hear your thoughts!!! 

@ather @newcarlee @eshoe The results are in! And I am pleased. I used this specifically for some texture on my neck due to a breakout and it definitely made a difference. The bumps were much smaller today. Not totally gone, but it was noticeable results. I'm going to repeat this peel in a week and hopefully that will finish the job. I would still be very careful with this one as it's 30% aha. It might still cause the burning @ather I would say give your skin a break and if you decide to try it, maybe not the full 10 minutes. This was my 1st product from The Ordinary. I bought the squalane oil and will be trying that tomorrow night. Didn't want to do 2 new products at once.

ETA: just noticed 2 new bumps, but they're close to the surface pimples. I think the peel just brought those to the surface. They popped easily, unlike the deep cystic stuff. I know you shouldn't pop it pick, but I'm bad about that. I'm still happy with the results of the peel.

@sprocketta @ather @eshoe @lmaster @newcarlee  I have both The Ordinary Peel and the DE Baby Facial and I agree, they are pretty similar.  The Ordinary has a slightly higher concentration of AHA, but both burn the same haha.  I will say that I think my skin feels a tad bit softer with DE, but that might be my mind trying to justify the cost 😅 I've left both of them on for much longer than instructed (sometimes because I forget, but also because I like to live dangerously lol).  I exfoliate everyday so I'm not sensitive to either of them, but they do still tingle.  The first time I used both of them, my face was SO itchy.  But I'm use to both of them now, and I actually still use serums and lotions with AHA/BHA after (I know...my skin must be like leather to tolerate all this exfoliation 😬).  I would say if you don't mind the cost, the DE one might have slightly better results, but The Ordinary one is a fantastic alternative.  Also @sprocketta , your pic scared the bageezus out of me! I took a glance and thought you had a chemical burn! So glad to hear the product worked for you, and that your skin is safe and gorgeous!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 65 replies
  • 215 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • 20200224_204213.jpg
  • A8988171-EE08-4666-88A7-97319D782323.jpeg
testing