Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

TLC Baby Facial?

Hey all! Anyone want to share their thoughts on the Drunk Elephant Baby Facial? I got a sample the other day- only tried it once yesterday. I see a small difference, but nothing to rave about. Of course I need to use it a few more time to see some real results.. 

xoxo

Re: TLC Baby Facial?

I love my baby facial.  I have been using it for almost a year now and definitely can tell the difference in size of my pores, feel of my skin,  not breaking out as often/ at all! 

Le Sigh. I wish we could have this product in Canada. It was too much AHA for our "sensitive Canadian skin" 😭

TLC Baby Facial?

Totally agree with @gabbymerlin, if you are already using good products it will probably not make an additional difference. For example, I already use DDG daily aplha/beta peels, so the active ingredients are basically the same. I'm sure they are both equally good but I am going to stick with what I already own for now!

You might prefer the Ordinary's 30% peel. 

It's fab when you don't already have a lot of acids in yo...

It's fab when you don't already have a lot of acids in your routine. If you do already you won't see crazy results just because the skin can only take so much. Definitely give it another try though! Just don't use it more than 2x a week bc there's such a high percentage of acids in there.

RE: TLC Baby Facial?

This is top rated for a reason. The reason people are saying they broke out in hives means the product actually did its job by bringing dirt and impurities to the surface of the skin. This product is allure rated and I would be lost without it. Amazing results. Amazing company and products overall. If u read into the back story of the company they are very different and do research off of pants that elephants eat. That ingredient is what makes the product so rare and expensive and worth it

it's so horrible. broke me out in hives and acne. not for...

it's so horrible. broke me out in hives and acne. not for me clearly

Re: it's so horrible. broke me out in hives and acne. not for...

@evebegelman If you read Tiffany’s posts (founder of Drunk Elephant) you would see that she says everywhere that you should not be breaking out and definitely should not experience hives. She does not believe I purging. You should stop the use if you have not already. It might be a reaction to another product you might be using in conjunction with TLC or you might be allergic to one of the ingredients in TLC.

RE: it's so horrible. broke me out in hives and acne. not for...

That’s exactly what the product is suposssd to do. Bring all of the impurities out of your skin to the surface. You usually break out after a facial. If you don’t, the products don’t work.

I love it! My face gets congested easily and skin is sensitive. This product has been the only exfoliating product to keep my skin clear effectively and gently. I am assuming that you have great skin. If so, I can see how you might not be particularly impressed. Try incorporating it into your skincare routine and see if you are able to see any results. But, honestly, if you are satisfied with your current exfoliating product, you probably don't need this. It is expensive!

I personally love it and have found it to 100% be worth the money (I have repurchased it). Over time it has helped to even out my skin's appearance and has helped me a bit with acne as well. Almost No mask/skin care is going to work after one use. Everyone's skin is different though so if it doesn't work for you on to the next one.  

Thanks! Maybe I'll purchase the full size and give it a go a few more times 

RE: TLC Baby Facial?

I felt the same way. It was meh at best. And considering how much I love DE’s Vitamin C & Night serum, I was disappointed at this products lackluster and overhyped performance.

Your skin probably just won't really benefit from the add...

Your skin probably just won't really benefit from the additional acids if you're already using the night serum from DE. It's really a one or the other kind of thing.

Re: RE: TLC Baby Facial?

I'm just not a patient person lol. I'll purchase the full size and see how it goes after using it a couple more times. 

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing