Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

THE ORDINARY Lactic Acid 10% + HA

I bought the lactic acid from the ordinary and have two questions!

1) Is it actually safe to use this every day? I've heard you're not supposed to exfoliate more than 2-3 times a week because it can ruin your skin, so how can you be able to use this every single night? Is that safe for sensitive skin?

2) I use a toner after I wash my face (Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion). Do you use toner AND the lactic acid or do you not use toner if you're using the lactic acid? I'm not really sure what the difference between the two is and which one I should be using. 

Thank you in advance!

Re: THE ORDINARY Lactic Acid 10% + HA

@emnass I use that product from the ordinary and I only use it maybe every other day. It’s a form of exfoliation, and I find my skin feels better long term when I restrict the amount of exfoliating I do. I was using it every night at first but it was making my skin very sensitive. My dermatologist also recommended to not use it every night because overdoing it will be more harmful in the long run. I use a toner and this product. I would say the difference is that a toner is to add something back into your skin (usually hydration), and the LA is an active ingredient that is used to serve a specific skin need (for example, if your skin concern is acne, you may use salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as an active in your routine). I don’t use the toner you mentioned but I scanned the ingredients and the main purpose and ingredients seem to be for soothing and redness reducing so you could use both together. I would mention that there seems to be a lot of citrus peel oils high up in the list, which often is a way that products add fragrance without listing “fragrance” as an ingredient, and over time you may find that is an irritant to your skin. Hope this helps!!

Re: THE ORDINARY Lactic Acid 10% + HA

This is so helpful, thank you! Should I use the lactic acid after the toner or before the toner do you think? And if I'm putting serums like their retinoid, can I use a retinoid and lactic acid in the same routine at night for example? 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing