Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

THE ORDINARY ADVICE

Hi all, I am interested in buying things from the ordinary. I have tan, extremely oily skin, semi-sensitive skin, large visible pores and semi-regular pimples on my chin, lower half of face. 

Currently I have these in my cart (everything the ordinary): 

"The Buffet"

"Retinoid 2% Emulsion"

"Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3%"

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Arbutin 2%
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution
Yes I realize this is a lot but I dont plan on using them all in the same routine/ time. I have done a lot of research and watched a lot of videos to create the list I have there. I also realize there are 2 antioxidant products on there, I dont plan to buy skincare for a long time after so I do want to stock up. Any advice on anything I should pick up or maybe not buy? Id appreciate replies, thanks! 
xo

RE: THE ORDINARY ADVICE

I just ordered the AHA peeling solution to try it out since everybody talking about 😀

Re: THE ORDINARY ADVICE

Thanks for the replies! I wawanwawant to check out soon but the retinoid emulsion wont come back in stock 😞 *sigh*

@magicintheair  Try Ulta, they have some things that Sephora doesn’t even carry, for example I got it in 5% instead of 2%. The have the ordinary listed under T instead of O if you search for the brand.

I’m absolutely OBSESSED with their line and it’s so cheap I just bout half one of almost everything to give it a go. Focusing on thing that fit my skin needs of course. I’m olive skin tone, with large pores and hyper pigmentation and I’ve been using it solid for like 2 months now and I see a MAJOR difference. I’m sold ok it. Experiment but it’s definitely worth your coins sweetie

The glycolic toner is one of my favs, but not sure where you would fit it in your routine with the other acids. I’m kind of obsessed with the Ascorbic acid powder right now but you already have the serum which is probably better for your skin type with the alpha arbutin from what I’ve seen when doing research. The only other product you don’t have in this list that I cannot live without is the rose hip seed oil, but if you are oily it’s probably not necessary for you. You could pick up the argan oil to use in your hair though, it’s so hydrating if you have dry ends 🙂

Definitely get the AHA peeling solution! It’s a great exfoliater.
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: THE ORDINARY ADVICE

I purchased The Ordinary peeling solution and the first using this, my face was okay. When it got to the the second and third time using it my face itched and burned a lot while I was applying. Now 4th time using and about an hour later red dots and splotches appeared on my face. The dots burn whenever I touch them. Should I stop using this product or is this normal?

Re: RE: THE ORDINARY ADVICE

@Anonymous  If you have a reaction like that definitely discontinue use. It could be many things, an allergy, reaction with another product, either way that’s not normal. You might want to visit a dermatologist too.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing