Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

THANK YOU BIC, Drunk Elephant, IT Cosmetics, and Tatcha

In addition to receiving the Origins masks today, this was also waiting for me when I got home. It felt like Christmas! This is my first time getting any gratis, and Sephora really went all out. Thank you @KatieBT!

The letter says my box is personalized for oily combination, or acne-prone skin. The box included Drunk Elephant C-Tango Eye Cream, Tatcha Silk Canvas Primer, and two shades of IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer, Light and Fair. I am excited to try everything out and let you guys know! 

IMG_1731.JPGIMG_1733.JPGIMG_1735.JPG

Re: THANK YOU BIC, Drunk Elephant, IT Cosmetics, and Tatcha

Yeah i’m going to try with less tomorrow.  I’m hoping it’s all user error and that I can make it work. @PrettyPaint

Okay.  I reapplied the Tatcha silk canvas primer suuuuper thin (I used a quarter of the recommended amount) and it’s still happening though it feels and smells wonderful going on.  It just sits there and any product I put on top doesn’t play well.  

I tried it with Laura Mercier flawless fusion- it broke apart.

i tried it with Etude house precious mineral B.B. cream - it pilled and seperated 

I tried it with KVD lock it foundation and it made it streaky and wouldn’t dry down. Then I tried setting it with GA setting powder to help dry it down  and it seperated.  It actually looks like I have textured blotches where I don’t because it collects in small clumps on my skin.  It reminds me of what happens when the Urban Decay primer is too old and has dried inconsistently in the tube so I’m wondering since it’s in a puck if it actually is dried down on the surface.  In any case it’s not for me.  It took my favorite foundations and made them look patchy. @PrettyPaint

:0 :0 :0. Maybe it’s not playing well with my skincare!?  I’m not changing my skincare but maybe  I will try it out again tonight after I wash my face.  I’m struggling to come up with a reason it’s working well for others and not for me.

@heartsmyface Sorry it’s not working too well for you. Come to think of it, I had a bit of application trouble when I applied it over my Glow watermelon moisturizer. I usually use belif moisturizing bomb and don’t have any trouble with that.

@heartsmyface  Thanks for your diligence in trying this primer. Sometimes products do not work and it's helpful with people's opinions in whether we try it or not. I do not live close to a Sephora to get samples and purchase full size only to send them back. So this gratis to different people really helps. Thanks again for your review!! 

@heartsmyface 

Thanks so much for your initial review - and the side-by-side test of the primers; it's very helpful.  I have the YSL Blur Perfector but have been eyeing the Tatcha one.    Looking forward to seeing how the primers wear with full coverage foundation!

No problem.  My heart is sad at the moment  cause I really want it to work.  It smells wonderful and feels so good going on like a moisturizer.  I’ll try wearing less on one side tomorrow and see if that helps.   @itsfi

@heartsmyface 

Oh, I hope it works out for you.  It sounds like such a great primer.  Maybe it just needs to find the right foundation to be paired with.

What a sweet gratis!  Congrats all!  I'm loving all the reviews of the Tatcha primer.  I want to try it but have been hesitant with my oily and congestion-prone skin.

@michelleshops, me, too.  So many things break me out!

Here are my initial thoughts on the Tatcha primer and IT Cosmetics concealer. I haven't tried the DE eye cream yet because I want to finish up my current Algenist eye cream before opening up a new cream. 

I like the Tatcha primer. It smells so nice, and it leaves my skin all silky and smooth. I attended several birthday parties on Saturday from 12pm-12am, and my makeup still looked okay at the end of the day. I'd applied the Tatcha primer, then the Hourglass stick foundation and Givenchy setting powder. The primer compact is so luxurious, but I'm still trying to figure out how to store the cute, little thing that you use to scrape some primer out of the compact. 

The IT Cosmetics concealer in light is a great shade for me. I'm around NC20-25, and my foundation Color IQ is somewhere around 3Y03-4Y05 (at least that's where my favorite foundations are). I don't have a ton of blemishes at the moment (that's a, um, monthly thing for me), but it covered up acne scars quite nicely. I'm curious to see how effective this will be on blemishes. 

They should have put a little pouch on the bottom of the compact for the scoop.  @txcatx 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks for your review, @txcatx!  It really sounds like I'd enjoy the Tatcha primer.

You're welcome @skcfan! We hope you love these goodies 🙂 

Aww lucky, congrats girl. I am so curious about the tatcha product, but sadly cant buy it at the time.

Whoop whoop congrats on the gratis all! Looks like some fun goodies to play with 😜

Me too, me too!! Thank you so much Sephora, Tatcha, Drunk Elephant, It Cosmetics, and the BIC team!

I’m so excited to get this gratis. I’m most intrigued by the C-tango. I have (and have always had) some pretty intense dark circles and recessed eyes, so I’m always searching for something that can lighten and brighten and hydrate that area. I love that the packaging suggests putting it in the fridge for a cooling treatment - this sounds soooo good given my current allergy flare up.

I’m a little intimidated by the Tatcha primer, but really excited to see what it might be able to do for my giant pores. 

I wish the ByeBye Breakout has been in my life last week when my face was angry. My pimple production has calmed down now, but (unfortunately) I know it’ll present me with a chance to try this concealer soon enough (wha whahhh). 

Thanks again, and congratulations to the other recipients! I’m interested to see the differences in everyone’s product experiences. 

Congrat @Susubee!!! Please report back on everything.  This is such an exciting gratis box. Hope you'll enjoy them.

Congrats to you, @Susubee! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on everything! 

Hi all!

I tried out the Tatcha primer and the Drunk Elephant eye cream today.

My skin gets pretty oily by the end of the day, and I don’t typically like how my makeup looks at the end with primers. Like, most primers will help keep the makeup intact til a certain point, and then everything breaks down spectacularly and looks worse than if I didn’t even use a primer. So, I usually skip them. At least from my first impressions, I think this Tatcha primer changes that. Especially with the crazy weather lately my skin has been extra wonky, but I’ve been wearing makeup for about 12 hours now and it’s still holding up (even on my nose!!).

I applied the primer over my moisturizer (Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve), and nothing pilled up at all. It seemed to dry down/absorb very quickly, leaving my skin silky and smooth. I applied my foundation (Stellar Limitless) over top with a beauty blender, and it looked beautiful! It was like having the best skin day ever. I don’t really have large pores, so I unfortunately can’t speak to how well it minimizes the appearance of pores.

As for the eye cream, I really like the texture. It’s almost more like a creamy balm texture. Unfortunately the eye cream did not agree with my makeup at all, and the areas around my eyes looked pretty patchy 😕. I’m not sure if I didn’t let it soak in enough, so I’ll give it another chance during the day tomorrow. But, it might be more of a night eye cream for me. 

I'm glad to hear you like the Stellar foundation!  I feel like the brand isn't talked about much but I'm super curious about it.  Thank you for the review!

@skcfan, i'm glad Tatcha primer works for you.  Sorry about the eyecream.  Please report back once you use it as night time eye cream. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • IMG_1731.JPG
  • IMG_1733.JPG
  • IMG_1735.JPG
  • 508CF69B-D83E-492A-A9D9-59B6A6CB8010.jpeg
  • IMG_20180406_123500-01.jpeg
testing