Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Super oily skin

I have tried so many things to help minimize the amount of oil my skin produces. What are some things that's helped you guys

clay cleanser

clay cleanser

RE: Super oily skin

One of the best things you can do is apply oil to your face! Our skin overproduces oil when it thinks it is dehydrated and lacking moisture. By applying oils to your face you trick your skin into thinking it already has enough oil so there's no need to produce more. If that makes sense. Keeping your skin moisturized is one of the best things you can do for your oily skin. One of the best oils is jojoba oil because it is so similar to the natural sebum our skin produces! Just play around and find what's right for you. I also always recommend staying away from skin care that claims it is for oily or acne prone skin. Those products can be very stripping in harsh which will result in even more oil and acne. I always suggest using very gentle and nourishing products. Use skin care that is formulated for dry or sensitive skin. I have many recommendations if you are interested! I'm an oily skin girl and I have done more than my fair share of research. Hope this helps!

Re: Super oily skin

Make sure you continue to moisturize - I use Kate Somerville oil free moisturizer, and in winter I add an oil into my routine as well, even though it seems counterintuitive. I also have dehydrated skin (think tight feeling skin) so when I am too dehydrated my skin produces more oil, so make sure to drink plenty of water. 

I added in ZO Skincare's Vitamin C product and that made a huge difference in my oiliness (in a good way!). 

I use face masks once or twice a week as well - a clay mask followed by hydrating mask usually, and this seems to help me out. 

Sometimes salicylic acid can help keep shine and oil under control, maybe adding this into your routine somewhere would be helpful?

RE: Re: Super oily skin

Thank you so much! I will be trying this

Re: Super oily skin

I try to use skin care products that are great for oily skin. The Korean brand CosRX is great for oily skin. After I started using their toner, it improved my skin a lot. It seems less oily. I'm always careful to not use products that are too moisturizing. I choose to go oil free with my moisturizers. 

RE: Re: Super oily skin

I'm going to see if I can get some samples of this brand! Thank you
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing