Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

Hello! I have very sensitive and dry skin, made even worse my the weather. The dryness is causing the skin on my face to not be as smooth as it should be, along with increasing dryness and flaky skin. Do you have any recommendations for cleansers or face washes that won't dry out my skin (cheaper options preferably)? 

RE: Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

I would recommend Origins Ginzing Energy-Boosting moisturizer ,, it would help me in this winter ..Cream with good smell and softest for dye skins

Re: Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

Hey @Imisi,

Check out the Cerave hydrating facial cleanser and Cerave moisturing cream. 

The cleanser is quite gentle, but effective. The moisturizer contains humectants, occlusives, and emollient ingredients that are crucial for hydrating the skin, locking mositrue in, and repairing the skin barrier. It is also fragrance free so it has a low chance of causing irritation. 

I hope this helps! 😊

RE: Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

Peter Thomas Roth enzyme gel peel to buff of the dead skin in a gentle way (no harsh scrub, just a liquid that rolls the dead skin into balls) followed by a moisturizer (some good ones were mentioned! Would recommend most of them!!)

Re: Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

If you have  sensitive skin you should try First Aid Beauty's ultra repair cream.  First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration 6 oz/ 170 g

It is made with colloiodal oatmeal which calms irritated skin. Stay away from the jellies and gels.  Most contain aloe, which is very drying.

Kiel's comfrey line is also good.  Sephora had a nice discovery set over the holidays but I suspect it is gone now.

I would recommend Drunk elephant jelly cleanser, it’s very gentle and the Marula oil. The Marula oil is Amazing. I wasn’t impressed with any of the other moisturizers from DE, especially for the price.

Re: RE: Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

Marula oil is nice, but you can get it for about 1/10th the price from the ordinary.

@Imisi  -- I also have sensitive skin as welll.  For cleanser I like DE Peeke Bar (it won't let me tag it).  For moisturizers I would recommend

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

I tend to mix the Lala Retro with the B-Hydra.  Also, I came across this line last year and fell in love with it.  I switch between DE and Biossance
Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mL

Biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Toning Mist 2.53 oz / 75 mL

For sleep mask I find Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml is very hydrating.  I apply the marula oil before the mask and my face feels soft and hydrated in the morning!

In the winter I sleep with a small humidifier in my bedroom.  It really helps.

@bakerygoddess  - I totally agree.  I sleep with one in my bedroom.  This year I also purchased a mini humidifer to use at your desk and find it is soothing.  

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serum

FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil 1.6 oz/ 50 mL

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL

ILIA - True Skin Serum Foundation - Formentera

ILIA Tinted Lip Conditioner Shell Shock

Briogeo Superfoods Apple, Matcha + Kale Replenishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo

Hey love! I have sensitive skin like you would not believe! The best option to sensitive skin and dry...is oil and natural/organic products. I tagged several wonderful products most being natural. For skin care, hair care, and make up. I even use the KOPARI - Coconut Melt 

to shave my legs! Vitamin C is so important for your skin! It is a must! Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml

This mask is so amazing as well. 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Hi @Imisi  My skin is always on the dry side but the winter always makes it so much worse. My favorite cleanser is the BOSCIA - MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil

It takes off all my makeup easily and without scrubbing and cleanses my skin without it feeling dry or tight. BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is a great option for moisturizer with a lower price point. 

@Imisi For beauty on a budget, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser is very popular.  Plus, there's a $2.00 off coupon you print on their website.  I also like their PM Moisturizer.  Another drugstore one I like is Cetaphil Night Moisturizer from their Redness Relieving line.  For a serum, THE ORDINARY -

is very popular (this isn't tagging correctly: it's called Buffet by The Ordinary).  You can also check out Olay, as I've read some of their serums are decent.

Super Dry and Sensitive Skin! Any recommendations for cleansers? Moisturizers? Serums?

@lmisi I have severe dry skin. When mine gets really bad the only brand I trust to repair my skin in Philosophy. I don't always use their products but when it has gotten really bad and I need a quick and effective fix I use their Renewed Hope in a Jar Moisturizer and they Purity Made Simple facial cleanser. they are both gentle yet effective. Myskin typically clears up in a couple days of using these products 😊

I would agree that the philosophy moisturizer is a nice overall moisturizer if you’re not looking for something to target septic needs. It’s just a great overall moisturizer.
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing