Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Super Dry Skin All Over

I have very dry skin all over my body. It's gotten to the point where I stopped buying the pretty perfume ones because they don't seem to do anything. My extreme problem areas are my legs/ankles but I need help for it all in general. What does everyone recommend? 

Re: Super Dry Skin All Over

I have pretty dry skin due to eczema and I lotion my body at least twice a day. Depending on how bad it is, I use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Colloidal Oatmeal (olive green colored label) for moderate dryness and First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration when my skin feels tight and parched. I don't use either of them on my face only because the Aveeno doesn't provide enough underlying hydration and the FAB cream left me with a Homer Simpson-style brown ring around my mouth.  

I don't use it for my face but i really like Bum Bum Cream for my body! I find it keeps my skin pretty hydrated and god it smells good!!! hope this helps! xx

I use acid lotion, ammonium lactate acid 12% lotion. It's equivalent to AmLactin.  It really helps to keep my skin moist and exfoliates.  I don't use it on my face, only my body, and for short term use only. 

RE: Super Dry Skin All Over

I have the same problem. My skin, hair, nails are so dry but CeraVe and Cetaphil cream have been life savers. I spritz perfume on right after moisturizing so I smell pretty. In the winter I even use CeraVe to remove my makeup and my face feels fantastic, no tightness or flakiness.

I've always had REALLY bad eczema and I find that the following product brands work for me: CeraVe, Sarna, Jergens, Olay Regenerist, Bio-Oil

Look for labels that say they are for sensitive skin and/or are made for babies. It sounds weird, I know, but they work. Also lotions with ingredients like coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin e are really good for you.Keep in mind that, usually, the stronger the scent of the lotion, the less effective it is.

If you layer one of these lotions with some petroleum jelly on your problem areas and then make sure you go to bed with long pants and socks this should trap the moisture in. Also make sure to rotate lotions so that your skin doesn't get used to one product. If you still want to use lotions that smell nice look for the Bath and Body Works lotions that contain vitamin e, c, and shea butter. Usually generic scented lotions only irritate my skin.

I hope this is helpful!    

RE: Super Dry Skin All Over

I personally have very dry, sensitive skin with really bad KP. I have tried sooooo many different products, both super high end and drugstore. I tried the all natural route only for my skin to oddly flare up and break out in hives (I decided to give "clean" beauty a try, switching over to Juice Beauty for almost all skincare). My absolute favorite skincare line is CeraVe. The CeraVe moisturizing cream is the best for the body!!! I bought the tub that has a pump on it (feels more hygienic than dipping your fingers in) and I leave that on the edge of the tub, that way once I'm done showering I can pat myself dry and then lather myself in the cream. It hydrates like no other while not leaving you feeling like a grease ball. Putting it on right after you shower helps lock in all the moisture. It has helped with the redness, dryness, and itchiness. I would definitely recommend that to anyone who has really dry skin, plus it's not too expensive and easy to get your hands on!

Eucerin Intensive Repair is the BEST. I don't have a recommendation for face moisturizer because I have to use acne-friendly things but for body this stuff is the way to go.

My friend has super dry skin, and eczema in certain places. She uses Coconut oil on her face for natural moisture, and I recommended Kiehls lotion for anywhere else on the body. Also, Clinique moisture surge works really well but that's more on the pricey side.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing