Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen

I know sunscreen is so important and I feel so guilty for not using it, but I’m afraid it will break me out. Can anyone recommend a good sunscreen for acne prone oily/combo skin

Re: Sunscreen

The Neutrogena oil free sunscreen has done wonders and doesn't break me out!

@makenzielynne Here are a few options:

COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL 

MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen 4 oz/ 113 g 

Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 

@quspork  I totally forgot about that Coola sunscreen.  Thanks for the reminder that I wanted to put it on my list!

@makenzielynne Looks like you've gotten some great recommendations.  I have a drier skin type these days (thank you aging), but agree with everyone that sun protection is so important, so many people don't realize that skin cancer can kill you.  I commend you for recognizing that it's important and seeking out some suggestions.  I really think finding the best sunscreen for you does take some trial and error, so I just want to encourage you not to give up!  Also... usually around May ish Sephora releases a favourites kit with about a dozen or so sunscreen deluxe samples to try out, I still buy one ever year to try out new formulas etc.  Since I have dry skin now I'll skip any product recommendations but rather say that Supergoop, CVS, Biore, and Blue Lizzard have been some of my favourite brands. 

You need sunscreen! It helps against developing fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and lets not for get the big C! I use to be afraid of sunscreen as well!! I would just think of it as something that would make my combo skin to oily or it would clog my pores.Then I learned alot about skin and its all about the ingredients they make the product with that will either help your skin or make it worse. You want a sunscreen that doesn't have mineral oil, alcohol or that is heavy on fragrance. 

Tatcha silken pore perfecting sunscreen broad spectrum SPF 35. Retail $65  You can go on there website and buy a trial bottle for $15 before investing your money in the product. I love this, there no fragrance,mineral oil or detergents. It has ingredients that help calm and shrink acne and large pores. I have large pores on my nose after 2 weeks of use I could see a huge difference. All in a sunscreen.

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 retail $34

Its totally invisible, weightless, scentless
Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, and Oily
Skincare Concerns: Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Pores, and Dullness and Uneven Texture
This is a holy grail. I used this on extremely blazzing days. Its 100% oil free. Great for acne prone screen and it really does feel weightless. 

I hope this is a start in the right direction! Take care.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing