Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen

Help! I can't use SPF because it always clogs my skin and breaks me out horribly. Every time that I use it, my skin breaks out in a rash. I want to try a mineral sunscreen that will get the job done without breaking me out. Any suggestions? The Paula's choice and Elta Md sunscreen break me out. I don't know what to use anymore. I have sensitive and acne-prone / combination skin. Can't use coconut oil or niacinamide, either. 

Re: Sunscreen

Purito unscented sunscreen and black girl sunscreen. Both very very gentle. 

I have this same issues! The only sunscreen I have used that causes the least amount of irritation and breakouts for me is the Shiseido Urban Environment oil-free UV Protector SPF 42. it is thin and serum-like in consistency. Highly recommended. I only break out with it when I wear it for a super extended amount of time aka not doing my skincare routine after 9-10 hours of wear. It is really great and not heavy at all. It is almost watery. But even then, the breakouts I get heal fast and are not bad at all, just tiny whiteheads. You just have to be diligent with washing your face at the end of the day. Good luck!

The glossier invisible shield daily sunscreen is lightweight and doesn’t clog my pores, you could also try a serum before SPF to give your pores a little more protection 🥰

I don't know why, but coola made me break out like CRAZY. I switched to Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30  and i love it. plus i never wear make up with this on

thanks! I'm going to give this one a try as well!!

@abbybethh have you tried kbeauty sunscreens? They tend to be a bit more elegant in their formulations. Neogen has a mineral sunscreen that has no niacinamide that's really well received (Day-Light Protection Sun Screen Spf 50 Pa+++)

I found a Kbeauty one that should do the trick! Thanks for the recommendation:) it's in my price range, too!

I have not yet! I'm going to give that one a try:)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing