Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen for rosacea

Help! I have light rosacea in my cheeks, no acne just redness and when it really acts up some bumps. I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for sunscreen to use? I haven’t been using sunscreen so I am starting at zero basically. 

Any help would be really appreciated !!!! 

Re: Sunscreen for rosacea

I hesitate to reply just because I haven’t tried the product (yet), but maybe it can be something to think about until other commenters can provide more reliable recommendations. I think the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 or the (currently out of stock) Dr. Jart+ Cicapair ™ Tiger Grass Camo Drops Color Corrector SPF 35 1 oz/ 30 mL would be right up your alley!

I have the Dr. Jart+ Cica Rescue Kit , but I recently stocked up on a ton of stuff from WishTrend, Ulta, and Sephora so I’m still working the new products in very slowly to keep an eye on any reactions and not overdo it. However, I have just started using the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Calming Mist 1.69 oz/ 50 mL to calm a red & itchy breakout and some areas I overexfoliated, and it’s really helpful! Soothing, works quickly to reduce redness and irritation, a promising introduction to their line in my opinion. The biggest qualms people seem to have with the Color Correcting Treatment is that it can be kind of hard to apply correctly, which I imagine is why the Camo Drops are more popular. But I think for the value of the kit, especially if you get it discounted rn, and with Sephora’s return policy being pretty awesome, it might be worth a try. :•} Or you could also just go with the Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 0.5 oz/ 15 mL and same thing, give it a try and if it doesn’t work for you, return it.

Re: Sunscreen for rosacea

I have skin that can be sensitive, too, and I use Anthelios AOX Daily Antioxidant Serum SPF 50 by La Roche-Posay with no irritation! It's lightweight and comfortable to wear. Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't carry the brand, but ULTA does, and the product is currently on sale there. However, maybe a tinted moisturizer with SPF would be a better option if you're looking to cover up the redness. While I haven't tried any of those, there are many here at Sephora! For general reference, it's typically recommended that one wears SPF 30 or higher for everyday use.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing