cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunscreen and Makeup Remover??

Hi everybody!

I have always been under the impression that I shall always use a makeup remover before washing my face if I have applied sunscreen or any SPF products on my face in the morning. However, I recently heard that some people just wash their face with a cleanser and without applying makeup remover, while some other people double cleanse. I wonder which is the right route to ensure clean skin. I hope to receive your response 🙂

My skin concern is blackheads, scar, dullness/uneven texture. 

Re: Sunscreen and Makeup Remover??

Hi @hilareeee ! The right route depends on personal preference and the effectiveness of whichever product(s) you choose to remove sunscreen. You don't have to double-cleanse if your traditional cleanser removes sunscreen (and makeup) on its own. 

My nightly cleanser is the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser Bar, which I use on my face and body in the shower. It easily removes many sunscreens, including most mineral sunscreens I've used on my body. But for certain sunscreens, I have to double-cleanse to get it all off, partly because I'd rather not use the cleanser bar on my face twice in a row. Also because my first double-cleanse step is most often The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL which soothes my inflammation-prone skin; I enjoy using it, and my skin often needs it. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing