Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Sunday Riley UFO VS Herbivore Lapis Oil

Help!! I'm having a hard time figuring out which oil would be more beneficial! I have class combination skin with an oily tzone where I am constantly using oil sheets to blot the oil. I also get occasional breakouts on the side of my face and forehead. My nightly regimen is now: boscia charcoal wash, belif problem solution toner, drunk elephant TLC glycolic night serum, and kiehls moisturizer. I want to incorporate a facial oil before the moisturizer. Ive been told herbivore lapis oil is great for combination skin. However, it does not have the 1.5% salicylic acid like UFO. But my DE TLC already has 1% salicylic acid?? What do you guys think?! 

Sunday Riley UFO VS Herbivore Lapis Oil

I'm not a dermatologist or a chemist, but I'm familiar with oils for skincare after years of working with them. Looking at the ingredients in the Lapis oil and UFO, I'd say neither for the skincare needs you described. The Lapis is made with ingredients that are meant to reduce redness and relieve inflammation, but overpriced for what it actually contains and it sounds like you want something more balancing. You're already using salicylic acid and glycolic, so the UFO would be too much and not only irritate your skin, but likely cause dryness & peeling. If you're open to other oils and are mainly focused on keeping your oily skin happy, I'd suggest keeping it simple and looking into the benefits of argan oil, if you haven't already. I've used more than a few sample bottles of Josie Maran on my oily skin and it's nicely balancing, even under makeup. It's also quite overpriced, however you'll get consistency in the product and the convenience of restocking through Sephora. 🙂

Re: Sunday Riley UFO VS Herbivore Lapis Oil

Wow! This is super helpful. Forgot about overdoing the chemicals. I recently just got the Lapis oil and a few more new skincare products to try out and I'm looking for UFO vs Lapis reviews. I have combination-oily skin, skin concerns: acne, redness, whiteheads and dark spots. My skincare staples are Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel 8.5 oz, St Ives Apricot Scrub, The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Toner and Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer 2.5 oz/ 73 mL. But recently, I'm trying DERMADOCTOR - Ain’t Misbehavin’® Healthy Toner with Glycolic & Lactic Acid, SHISEIDO - Eudermine Revitalizing Essence  and Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I'm not sure if I'm mixing these products right. Do you think the DermaDoctor would be too much as an AHA combined with others?

@NatureGirlSD wrote:
I'm not a dermatologist or a chemist, but I'm familiar with oils for skincare after years of working with them. Looking at the ingredients in the Lapis oil and UFO, I'd say neither for the skincare needs you described. The Lapis is made with ingredients that are meant to reduce redness and relieve inflammation, but overpriced for what it actually contains and it sounds like you want something more balancing. You're already using salicylic acid and glycolic, so the UFO would be too much and not only irritate your skin, but likely cause dryness & peeling. If you're open to other oils and are mainly focused on keeping your oily skin happy, I'd suggest keeping it simple and looking into the benefits of argan oil, if you haven't already. I've used more than a few sample bottles of Josie Maran on my oily skin and it's nicely balancing, even under makeup. It's also quite overpriced, however you'll get consistency in the product and the convenience of restocking through Sephora. 🙂

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing