Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Summer cleanser

I wear mineral SPF daily year round, but use it even more frequently now that it's summertime.  Does anyone have a good suggestion for a cleanser that effectively removes SPF? I double cleanse (oil-based then water-based) but still feel and see the residue from my SPF (especially if it's tinted) after I cleanse.  I'd love suggestions for a cleanser that effectively gets rid of SPF!

Re: Summer cleanser

I usually use the Banila Co original cleansing balm then wash with Thayers Ph balancing Daily Cleanser. The Banila cleanser balm has been a favorite of mine for years and really removes everything and does not leave any residue. The Thayers cleanser is a new fav, it’s an incredible cleanser! 

Another suggestion is…sometimes when I’m wearing makeup or reapplying SPF throughout the day I like to add in a micellar water and use that first and wipe everything off before double cleansing. Basically, triple cleaning to really make sure I get everything off well. 

@geewhiz  I usually have spf with a bit of blush. I cleanse my face twice, using First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser . I feel clean without it stripping my skin.

@geewhiz I use the Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm followed by the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Cleanser. I don’t find it excessively stripping and my skin feels clean after. Sometimes I use a The Original MakeUp Eraser Smiley MakeUp Eraser 7-Day Set cloth to help take off some of the makeup and oil off before washing.

I love the fresh Soy Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser . I double cleanse most nights, first with Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm then follow with the fresh and I always think it gets everything very clean but still gentle and not drying at all. Good luck! @geewhiz 

@geewhiz have you tried the Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser ? I'd highly recommend that one.

Great suggestion @CookieGirl1. I have a sample somewhere that I'll try.

@geewhiz I hope it works out for you!

Thanks for the suggestion @CorgiMommy I'll give it a try!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing