Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|
Anonymous Insider

Someone please help me make a skincare routine!

So I just bought all this new stuff. I have dry, and textured (around my cheeks) skin, and I’m 20. So, I bought: 1: The Farmacy queen bee ultra gentle cleanser 2: The Ordinary. Glycolic Acid 7% toning solution 3: The Ordinary. Granactive Retinoid* 2% emulsion 4: Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream 5: Drunk Elephant luxury marula oil 6: Olehenriksen banana bright eye cream 7: Sunday Riley good genes lactic acid 8: Sunday Riley Luna oil 9: Drunk Elephant babyfacial 10: Mario Badescu lavender mist Can someone please help make me a very simpilized and easy to understand day and then night skin care regime? This stuff is all very confusing to me I keep dipping in and out of skin care and then give up because I’m not persistent and don’t see results too soon or get confused. I’d really appreciate it! Also explanations on the actions of each products would be a HUGE plus! Thank you, thank you!

Re: Someone please help me make a skincare routine!

My suggested routine for your products:

AM

1. The Farmacy queen bee ultra gentle cleanser

2.Drunk elephant vit. c serum or any vit. c serum that is 15-20% vit.c

3.Olehenriksen banana bright eye cream

4.Mario Badescu lavender mist

5. spf (Perricone MD ester c is a great one that adds a natural slight shimmer and has a wonderful blur effect and whipped moussey texture)

PM

1. Farmacy cleansing balm (if makeup)

2.The Farmacy queen bee ultra gentle cleanser

3.The Ordinary. Granactive Retinoid* 2% emulsion (2 nights a week for two weeks then 3 nights a week the third week, 4 nights the fourth weeks, etc.)

4.Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Face Cream

5.Drunk Elephant luxury marula oil 

trust me after retinol your skin is gonna need as much hydration as possible.

Weekly after first month of retinol

1.Drunk Elephant babyfacial

2.Drunk Elephant luxury marula oil 

REMEMBER: In order to see results you need minimum 1 month and usually 3 months of a consistent skincare routine. Also you may have a purging phase but this will usually go away in one to two weeks if not then you need to start eliminating products weekly to test out which one is causing the breakout.

Okay first thing first you chose great products! However you do need to simplify quite a bit. For starters in the am you typically are gonna want a

1. good cleanser,

2. vitamin c serum and

3.sunscreen.

You absolutely need an spf if youre gonna be using aha's or retinol at night. The vit. c is great for dullness and uneven skin tone as it boosts collagen as well as prevents dark spots from getting darker and lightens hyperpigmenation. 

Now in the pm if you wear makeup youre gonna want to double cleanse so you use an oil based cleanser first to remove the makeup and oil based grime and then a water based cleanser to remove any extra dirt. Then you wanna get into your treatment this is where your products will conflict.

Aha's

Great for exfoliating the outermost layer of dead skin. Overtime will smooth, prevent breakouts and brighten.

Retinol

Promotes collagen production and skin cell turnover so rather than exfoliating it is producing new skin cells which is great for hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, and even acne. Typically works faster than Aha's but has a risk of your first two weeks having peeling skin and possible purging.

My reccomendation:

Start a retinol, I find that this is one of the only ingredients that will guarantee you beautiful skin and address pretty much every skin concern if you get over the initial hump of sensitive super dry skin. To prevent the side effects start using a retinol twice a week for 1-2 weeks depending on how you skin reacts and from there on increase the amount of nights you use it by one every week. DO NOT use aha's or bha's for at least a month when starting retinol. Once your skin is used to the retinol you can incorporate a weekly aha mask into your routine, sukari babyfacial being the best one for sure. If your skin is pretty strong some people will use an AHA wait 30 minutes and then apply a retinol OR use your Aha's in the morning and retinol at night. To simplify all this info:

Nightime:

1. Double cleanse

2.AHA or retinol for first month of retinol use 

after frist month AHA THEN retinol

OR

AHA am retinol pm

OR

once weekly AHA mask and nightly retinol

3. moisturizer preferably w. hylauronic acid and soothing ingredients such as niacinamide, ceramides, polypeptides, rosehip oil, vit. E etc.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing