Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skine Care Virgin

New to the skin care as far as using products if that makes sense. I just recently bought some products and looking for any additional help or advice. I have purchased Biossance Make up remover (oil), Dr Jart+ tiger grass cream, Banana bright eye cream by Olehenriksen, Laneige lip sleeping mask, and Belif clay mask i use 2x a week. I'm currently looking for a serum to add to the regimen and heard Dr. Jart+ water fuse mask is good, but overall looking to see what works for wrinkles, dark circles and healthier skin. I'm a 31yo chef so I'm exposed to all sorts of temperatures any ideas?? Thanks.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Skine Care Virgin

I use The Ordinary retinoid emulsion, it is amazing!! I normally have extremely dry skin and I have forehead wrinkles but it works wonders with them. My skin has never looked as good as it does now.

Re: Skine Care Virgin

I saw no acid components in your product list. You may want to think about a Vit C serum and or a light acid exfoliator. That will help with fine lines, some anti-aging and the overall appearance of your skin. Check out The Ordinary; they have several Vit C options and also a Lactic Acid in both 5% and 10%. incorporating those into your routine would help. If you use Vit c during the day, do the lactic acid at night, or vice versa. 

I don't see a cream cleanser or sunscreen in the products you listed, so you may want to look at adding in those in addition to a serum. In looking at your concerns, you may want to think about a chemical exfoliating serum along the lines of Sunday Riley's Good Genes. It hits a lot marks as far as brightening, evening skin tone, working with fine lines, and helping with healthier skin. What's your skin type? If it tends towards dry or dehydrated, you may also want a more hydrating serum, toner, or oil. 

So the biossance oil is my make up remover, then use my moisturizer Dr Jart Tiger Grass Cream, then finish with my Eye cream, but I have both Oily and dry skin due to weather and the temperatures I work with. The lady at Sephora recommends Cicapair but I don’t have roccacia or anything of that nature. I try not to use anything with harsh chemicals as well.

I get that the Biossance is your makeup remover, but generally you want a cleanser in addition to that. The cleansing oil will remove makeup and sunscreen from your skin, but a gel or cream cleanser is what actually cleanses your skin/pores of dirt, oil, dead skin, etc. plus any residue from your oil cleanser. 

Thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing