Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare

Hey y’all! I have dry/sensitive skin and was wondering what some of y’alls favorite toners and serums are. Thanks😊

Re: Skincare

Hi @BrennanG ! I have finicky mostly-dry combo skin that likes to throw inflammation tantrums over various ingredients. Here are my favorite products. 

Warning: I don't know which ingredients your skin's sensitive to, so I feel obligated to say that some of my faves might irritate your skin. Example: my face is very sensitive to nearly all essential oils so I avoid those, but I have no problem with vitamin C, lanolin, and a few other ingredients some folks can't handle. 

Toners/essences 

Spoiler
  • e.l.f. Hydrating Water Essence 
  • Good Molecules Niacinamide Brightening Toner 
  • Neogen Real Ferment Micro Essence 
  • COSRX Centella Water Alcohol-Free Toner - I don't use this as a toner (I use it as a soothing hydrating mist throughout my skincare routine), but I'll list it here anyway 

Hydrating serums 

Spoiler
  • The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL 
  • It's Skin Power 10 Formula Li Effector (a very simply formulated licorice root + PGA serum) 
  • COSRX Pure Fit Cica Serum 
  • Abib Mild Acidic pH Heartleaf Fit sheet mask - sheet masks are just a serum delivery system, so I'll include my favorite mask in this list; very hydrating and calms red inflammation on my skin; I also like the Honey Fit version of this sheet mask for its great humectant properties 

Moisturizers 

I know you didn't ask for these, but a very important part of keeping dry skin hydrated is a good moisturizer that seals in hydration. 

Spoiler
  • Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer 
  • Paula's Choice Omega+ Complex Moisturizer 
  • e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil - I sometimes layer this under or over one of the above moisturizers 
  • Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL - sometimes I layer this oil instead 
  • Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz/ 60 mL - my former favorite moisturizer, until YTTP added several fragrance components my skin hates; if your skin's okay with those ingredients, you might enjoy this moisturizer 
  • Aquaphor Ointment - I apply this very occlusive moisturizer to any flaky irritated patches; it's also my daily lip balm 
  • CeraVe Healing Ointment - I sometimes alternate this with Aquaphor, except I never use it as lip balm 

@BrennanG  I’m in the same boat especially in the winter. My fav toner right now is definitely  SK-II facial treatment clear lotion toner won’t let me tag it for some reason. I bought a bottle last April and it’s still half full. I use it twice a day I think it’s the best!! For serums right now I’m using Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL  I really like it. I use it to layer under my moisturizer. It gives a great boost of hydration

Hey! I also have dry and sensitive (pore clogging) skin. I have tried pretty much alllll brands at sephora. The only one that worked for me was drunk elephant. Their hydrating serum is great and the lala retro cream as well. One thing that they introduced me to is merula oil andhow amazing it is for dry skin. Their bottle is $98 I believe but ordinary has the same product for $10. I have tried both and the ordinary one is far more worth it. I mix the merula oil with the lala retro for extra moisture and put it ontop of the DE hydrating serum. Works wonders!! If you have sensitive skin, it is important to keep a serum and moisturizer of the same brand as different brands can react with eachother and cause breakouts. Hope this helps!!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors