Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare

I’m looking for a great skincare to try for dull uneven skin....I’m approaching 40 next year...so I want something that has anti-aging properties as well as smoother skin..I also have dark circles too..I’m open to try anything..plus it has to smell good too..my skin is sensitive to bad smelling products.please help...

Re: Skincare

Hi @Candoll0903. There are some great recommendations here on exfoliants - totally agree with those. You might want to use a retinol also. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Retinoid Night Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mLworks for me. Just remember not to introduce too many new products all at once. 

You can use The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL everyday, along with THE ORDINARY - buffet to help brighten.  Also, I quite like AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peeling Masque once or twice a week. Gentle but effective on my skin. 

@Candoll0903 

Good luck!

Hi @Candoll0903,

If you have dull uneven skin, look for two products: a good exfoliator and a serum.

A good exfoliating product will slough off dead skin cells to reveal younger, looking skin. I love the AMOREPACIFIC - Treatment Enzyme Peel Cleansing Powder.

A brightening serum will help target dullness. I love the Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL.

If you're looking for an instant glow, try a sheet mask. My favorite are the SK-II Pitera Facial Treatment Mask 10 Masks.

I hope this helps!

Hi Hun,

thank you you for the suggestions..I got the Serum from farmacy...it’s the honeymoon glow one..I use it at night with an spf. I got it yesterday and my skin hasn’t broken out..seems gentle..I’ll give it a few days and if it doesn’t work on my skin..I’ll definitely try the Sunday Riley..I’m gonna try the amorepacific peel...that looks like it will help..thanks for the advice...

Cheers

Mona

Reminder: follow the instructions for use of chemical exfoliants (probably only use any chemical exfoliant once or twice a week). 

@Candoll0903 

RE: Skincare

Look into the Ordinary line! I use the glycolic acid toner followed by the lactic acidosis serum and Niacinamide serum. All those should even up skin texture and brighten your skin. If you’re looking for a simple one step, try the Ole Henriksen Transformation Night Serum.

Re: RE: Skincare

Hi hun,

thanks for suggesting the ordinary line..I’ve heard of it..I’ll definitely try it..looks powerful enough for my skin..and it looks like it will work..let’s see..

cheers

Mona 

I do a few things - key things to target dullness/cell turnover would be an AHA toner, and Vitamin A serum/cream, along with a Vitamin C serum for dullness/uneveness. 

All of these can be a bit much for skin so start with occasional use one at a time, and then you can buildup. 

I also, mask routinely - depending on my skin's needs at that time. 

I use Paula's Choice AHA gel and Vitamin C serum

and ZO healthcare products for my Vitamin A and retinol. 

I have too many masks to name 🙂

Hi Hun,

which is is a good mask to try out? I’m trying a few serums right to see which ones work for my skin..every time I try something new I usually break out...if you suggest something gentle for my skin I’ll try it..

cheers

Mona

RE: Skincare

I found Sunday Riley line has really helped my skin improve. I’m in my late 30’s and have struggled, SR has made a big difference. Started with good genes in am and A+ in pm.

Re: RE: Skincare

Hi hun,

just got got the SR good genes for the eye cream..hope it’s good..do you recommend any serums in that line?

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing