Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare suggestions for sensitive acne prone skin

I have sensitive, combination (leaning towards dry) skin that is acne prone. I want to add a serum or face oil into my skincare routine to help with dullness and add hydration without causing acne. I am alsolooking for a face spray that I can use in between skincare steps and to set makeup (I was using Mario Badescu spray before but it was drying my skin out for some reason). My current routine is: Morning: Garnier micellar water as a cleanser, uriage thermal spray, Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer spf 15, Olehenriksen banana bright eye cream. Night: Aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser, uriage thermal spray, The ordinary salicylic acid (very thin layer only on acne prone areas), First aid beauty ultra repair cream

Re: Skincare suggestions for sensitive acne prone skin

I have a similar skin situation, plus rosacea. I've recently used two oils that agree with me: Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mLand The INKEY List Rosehip Nourishing Night Oil 1 oz/ 30 mLHerbivore during the day and the Inkey List at night (because rosehip oil is orange), no irritation or breakouts. The rosehip oil is good for redness if that's an issue for you. 

I would also recommend perhaps looking into a different AM cleanser than the micellar water. I don't think it's giving your skin the hydration it seems to need.  Additionally, I switched from the Garnier to Bioderma Sensibio with great results. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Skincare suggestions for sensitive acne prone skin

Good morning! I also have combination/acne prone skin with break outs and I ve been avoiding face oils. However a few months ago they got me Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Face Oil and I am obsessed! It did not cause any oiliness or spots on my skin on the contrary it made it glow and visibly limits dullness.

https://www.scrooge.co.uk/s/890365/Kiehl-s-Midnight-Recovery-Concentrate-30ml.html

I would also recommend the Bioderma Miccelar Water instead of the one by Garnier. It is so pure and suitable to sensitive skin and it cleans it perfectly!

https://www.bioderma.com/en/our-products/sensibio/h2o

RE: Re: Skincare suggestions for sensitive acne prone skin

Thank you so much! I will try these products out
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing