cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare suggestions for more flawless skin

Hi BIC!

ive always wanted a more flawless complexion and I feel like I struggled with getting the right skincare routine down. I’m not super fussy with my skincare and do use serums here and there.

My routine for the past several years is:

Cleansing oil (most recently finished the muni cleansing oil)

kiehls ultra facial cleanser

hada labo toner

eye cream (currently kiehls creamy eye treatment)

FAB ultra repair cream

Josie Maran Argan oil if my skin feels dry

Glow Recipe watermelon mask (for the past year)

Coola matte tinted B.B. 

I’ve used a few deluxe and full size serums the past several years but never really committed to it. I didn’t t care for the luna oil or good genes. I’m almost in my mid 30’s and would love to hear some suggestions on what has helped you with getting a more flawless complexion. I have freckles, some redness, a few acne scars and a bit of texture. My skin is sensitive and gets a bit blotchy easily and my pores can get clogged easily in my tzone. I don’t use anything with alcohol and try to avoid too much fragrance. 

I would loooove to not have to use foundation one day...just put on concealer and go

Thanks! 

Re: Skincare suggestions for more flawless skin

Adding some acid into your routine will boost radiance and smooth out your texture, @mmmiu. I love tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mLaafter cleansing at night and before your skincare. During the day, adding a Vitamin C like DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serumor OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum®with an SPF of 30 or higher will also give you an amazing glow. The addition of these two ingredients will refine pores, brighten your skin and give you an amazing healthy glow. 

I have a ton of freckles on my Face. I used to hate them. My face was also so much lighter than the rest of my body. Now that skincare is my priority over the last several years, my complexion is actually darker. It matches the rest of my body. It sounds weird, but I go out with no makeup allllll the time. The only reason I wear it is because I love makeup and I have to wear it to work. Lol

RE: Skincare suggestions for more flawless skin

vitamin c serum paired with vitamin e works wonders in my routine. i use the mario badescu vitamin c serum before moisturizer, and the vitamin e oil after moisturizer

Thank you all your suggestions! I went to Sephora yesterday and got a sample of the Farmacy honeymoon glow, Sunday Riley ceo vitamin c serum and DE c-firma. I have high hopes for the Farmacy serum 🤗 it hasn’t irritated my skin even though the instructions say there may be slight tingle. 

Maybe a AHA or BHA or AHA/BHA mask 1-2x a week? This can help with texture and tone but also can help make skin softer and helps your other skincare penetrate better. There's the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask which I love, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peels, I've been using the Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Potion and liking it, or FAB Facial Radiance Pads are great for getting into acid exfoliating. 

RE: Skincare suggestions for more flawless skin

SO, my skin used to break out all the time, and it was bad, i tried every skin care routine and nothing seemed to work, but then i developed this one, and my face is now always clear. I use the St. Ives apricot scrub, and it’s at target, it’s very inexpensive and it works wonders, then i use the Mario Badescu rosewater spray, bc it hydrates my face, then i use the farsali unicorn essence facial drops, which makes my skin pop a little more, and finally i use the GlamGlow glowstarter mega illuminating moisturizer, and i do this every morning and every night. i included some pictures of the products, and the last two are pretty pricey, but it is so worth it, i love these products very much. I also included a picture of my face after i developed this routine. I hope this helps!!!

@mmmiu Vitamin c serum and AHA/BHA serum has made a huge difference for me. I love the ones by Drunk Elephant. My skin has looked so much better since I started using them.

I’ve been curious about DE but haven’t bit the bullet to try it yet because of the high price tag... too bad there’s no Sephora sale right now lol

@mmmiu I would add in a standalone spf for adequate protection. The recommended spf amount is a shot glass worth for exposed skin. The sun can cause redness/blotchiness. 

What are you sensitive to? Skin type? Noticed you mention if I feel dry, assuming more dehydrated at times.

There are redness lines like from Clinique and Origins, I haven't noticed much difference from either though.

Texture/scars can be helped by chemical peels or an exfoliant.

Thank you for your suggestion! But I do use a stand alone sunscreen that’s not in my moisturizer, the COOLA - Mineral Face SPF 30 - Matte Tintplus it cosmetic cc on top.

i notice if products have too much fragrance or alcohol, it makes my skin look red/blotchy... I’ve cut out all added fragrance products with the exception of the glow recipe watermelon mask, which seems ok. I have combination skin and I’m trying to see what kind of products would help make my skin more even and flawless.

Must have miss read. I can be sensitive to fragrance as well, Origins Original Skin™ Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay 2.5 oz/ 75 mL doesn't have a rose smell. Vitamin C OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® is popular. Paula's Choice popular for serums, they may send samples when contacted directly. Peels I've used Dr Gross & Ole H which didn't cause issues with sensitivity.

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos6
testing