Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare routine

Hey im looking for advice to start a skincare routine! I'm heading into highschool soon and I want to establish a routine with skincare so my skin looks nice If anyone could recommend me things for the face it'd be appreciated here's some information about my skin 

-I have some acne on my face but I'm
not breaking out badly

-my skin is sensitive

-my skin is dry

(I'm sorry if this isn't enough information I do not know about skincare at all)

Re: Skincare routine

I envy you & think its awesome that you are starting to think about skincare at such a young age! No one ever taught me much about skincare or makeup & as an elite competitive swimmer I was in the sun A LOT most often without sunscreen! I didn't figure any of this out until I was in my early 30s! Yikes! I know, right?! I've now got a routine that seems to be working for me - I'm actually seeing results but I wish I started younger! 

Anyway, sorry I digress! Since you're still a teenager you don't need too many steps in your routine other than cleanser, moisturizer & definitely SPF. You could probably add a hyaluronic acid serum but that can probably wait until your 20s & you won't need a retinol serum until your mid-20s (or so I've read).

I'd recommend either The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL or The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL (I use this one now & love it! I didn't think cleansers could be hydrating but this is & its just the right amount), The INKEY List Peptide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL or #The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + Beta Glucan 3.3 oz / 100 ml as a moisturizer (I use the former) & for SPF I like Paula's Choice Mini RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid SPF 50 .5 oz / 15 mL because its super light & hydrating, it's not too pricey, a little goes a long way & you can get a mini size! I forgot about a toner which you used right after cleansing. I get the occasional breakouts & I've found that The INKEY List Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL works well for me! Obviously in the next 5 to 10 years you will want to add serums & Retinol to your routine but there's hella time to think about that stuff later.

The one most important tip I'd give you (other than wear spf daily!!!!! That is #1!!) is that you don't need to spend a fortune on skincare! I've tried exspensivebrandss, spending $70-$100+ dollars on a small bottle of retinol or serum but there's no need to break the bank. I've actually gotten much better, noticeable results from brands like The Ordinary & The Inkey List & the most you'll spend on a product is $25 or less! 

Anyway,hope that wasn't too much or too confusing (obv I tend to ramble! LOL!) & I hope that this helps you on your skincare journey! 😁

Re: Skincare routine

I use LaRoche - Posay hydrating moisturizer followed the Paula’s choice exfoliant. I typically don’t use a serum, but I would use either a breakout serum depending on how my skin is at the moment. After cleansing , I would use cicaplast balm B5 and the Triple repair moisturizer . This routine has had people ask me how my skin is so glowy!  In the morning I would also cleanse, use the exfoliant, and then use the elf spf moisturizer. It’s literally chefs kiss to great skin! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing