Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare routine - which order?

Hi there, I am reading up on lots of different skin care products I am interested in ... however I am unsure what order they are supposed to go in. Wondering if someone could help me out? Also worried that I don't combine the products properly at the appropriate time. 

Here is what I use. 

Cerave hydrating cleansor OR #Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser - when I want to exfoliate (also not sure if this is good enough for a face wash and not just a makeup remover)

SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum 

OLEHENRIKSEN Banana Bright Eye Crème 

OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

2-3 times a week I use Dermalogica Blackhead Clearing Fizz Mask (however, not sure I like this... I may try another kind of saliyactic or glycolic serum - however can I still use this serum with my vitamin C serum I AM SO CONFUSED.

Re: Skincare routine - which order?

@Laueliz you nailed the order pretty much. The only call out is the same as @tg1973  below that you'd want to use the DE before the CeraVe in a double cleanse.

As for an Acid and Vit C you can always use the vitamin c serum + moisturizer in the morning and the exfoliant in the evening. But if your skin is without irritation you can use it at the same time.

I would recommend adding a sunscreen, especially if you're adding in a BHA or AHA

Skincare routine - which order?

It sounds to me like you listed those in the right order, except if you're going to double cleanse, the CeraVe would go second. The only correct answer to whether you can use AHA/BHA products with your vitamin c serum is you can if your skin says you can. The products aren't inherently conflicting, you just don't want to overexfoliate your skin. Since your skin already handles vitamin c like a boss, introduce your other acid slowly, say two or three times a week, watching out for things like irritation, redness, or extreme oil production which are signs to back off. Otherwise, increase frequency of usage gradually until you're using as often as you want. You can use the c in the morning and the other acid at night if that makes things easier. Just pay attention to your skin and how it responds, it will tell you when you're doing things wrong!
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing