From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare routine changes for the new season? Transitional products?

For BIC members in cities or regions where the mercury is dropping, I was wondering if you've started making any skincare changes yet? Do you use any transitional products for in between seasons?

I'm already

• switching over from clarifying masks to moisturizing ones. For a transitional mask, I use pure+simple's black charcoal purifying mask which is very moisturizing as well
  • increasing my use of rosehip oil
  • trying out Martina Gebhardt's eye care cream. It's nice and rich for evenings, but too greasy for daytime usage right now but maybe I will appreciate this more in the dead of winter

Re: Skincare routine changes for the new season? Transitional products?

@pocketvenus My eye area got very dry (long story) and that coupled with the cooler temperatures made me open up my Cetaphil Night Moisturizer again.

@pocketvenus It's that time of year! 

• Adding oil to my thin summer body lotion to try to finish it up so it's not sitting until spring.
  • Stocking up on heavy body butters (too cool for school egg mellow is my fave!)
  • Switching from a light moisturizer to Dr. Jart tiger grass cream for day time
  • Adding an oil overtop my moisturizer day and night instead of as needed
  • Backing off treatment masking and adding in more hydrating masks
  • Running an excessive amount of cool mist humidifiers (we don't have humidity control on our furnace)

@CC3616, I've starting mixing drops of facial oil right into my moisturizer before applying 🙂

I've definitely switched out my moisturizers already. My skin is fairly normal in summer but gets quite dry in the winter. I usually use the Korres pomegranate gel cream during the summer, but in the winter I switch to crème de la mer, and add the intensive revitalizing mask at nighttime, which works miracles. 

RE: Skincare routine changes for the new season? Transitional products?

I switched from my regular cleanser to the Korres Greek Yoghurt cleanser for the winter since it feels more Moisturizing. Also, I will start using the Bite Agave Lip Mask regularly to lock the moisture in.

Re: RE: Skincare routine changes for the new season? Transitional products?

@christyrc, I liked the yogurt line, I remember it being really rich 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing