Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware

Skincare routine advice

I’m finally forcing myself to take care of my skin at the age of 22. I know I’m definitely not doing everything correctly and I could do better, so I hope anyone who comes across this can give me their two cents. 

1. Wash with The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Cleanser 5 oz / 150 ml 

2. Use Tea Tree Water Toner from LUSH 

3. Use The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Anhydrous Solution Pore Clearing Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

4. Use Bio-Oil
5. Sometimes moisturise with CeraVe 

This is my usual evening routine. My mornings consist of just washing my face, toner, and moisturising. 

Re: Skincare routine advice

Hi. 

I would love to know about your specific skin issues and areas of concerns. That can make it easier to make good recommendations for your routine.  I would definitely recommend adding a sunscreen to your routine daily even if you are not in direct sunlight. The sun can breakdown the active ingredients in your skincare so if you don’t wear sunscreen, it can render your products useless 

Re: Skincare routine advice

@egocentrick @That is a lot of different acne products - Even if your skin is oily I can’t imagine that not drying out your skin over time. I would probably only use the salicylic acid cleanser half of the time and use a more gentle cleanser the other half.

i also doubt you need both a tea tree toner and a salicylic acid serum everyday and you should definitely be using a moisturizer regularly if you’re are using all of that. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing