Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare routine MADNESS (help a girl out)

I’ve been obsessing for weeks about what collection of skincare I plan to buy. For reference , my skin is pretty normal (my chin and nose are a little dry). More dry during cold months : a little oilier during summer but nothing crazy. The only acne I’ve ever faced was blackheads (I’ve had them forever, cheeks nose and chin). I’m 25 and have expression lines and my skin is just NOT where I want it to be. The ultimate goal is to have pores shrunk, no visible wrinkles (and serious prevention) , and to clear blackheads! I’ve been looking at Sunday Riley products and from what I see , I’m considering buying the Luna oil and the good genes serum. Somebody also said good things about the DE framboos serum . Also I want to use Tatcha essence but I’m afraid to use it with these serums for some reason? But then there’s a part of me that wants to buy the whole Tatcha line (however I am skeptical of the anti-aging benefits as I don’t really see any powerhouse ingredients such as retinol or AHA). Also herbivore has some really nice looking face oils ....  I have decided on ONE single product and that is the Tatcha dewy skin cream (it’s so luxurious and perfect night cream) . Which products should I use in conjunction with this!? Please help. I’m all over the place here . I just want glory , radiant , CLEAR, wrinkle free skin. What is your skincare routine that works for you?

Re: Skincare routine MADNESS (help a girl out)

You might really benefit from either the good genes(aha- lactic) or the framboos (aha/bha) , IMO I'd go with the framboos over the good genes. The good genes will be more gentle because lactic acid is the "powerhouse" ingredient and it has a larger molecule size than glycolic so doesn't penetrate as easily.  The framboos has both AHA (glycolic, lactic and citric acid) and BHA (salicylic acid), BHAs are oil loving whereas AHAs are water loving so the BHA in framboos will help clean out your pores and help with blackheads. The AHA being a combo of glycolic lactic and citric acids will really penetrate yours skin and help with texture while still being gentle. 

I'm intrigued by the active ingredient in Luna- Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate- sources seem to say that it's similar to retinoic acid (tretinoin) in that it doesn't need to be converted by the skin to be effective (unlike retinol and retinyl palmitate) it also seems to be less irritating. I'm generally not a fan of Sunday Riley- but other than a bunch of essential oils in this product which could be potential irritants- it seems like a good one. 

I think you could get away with using any of these products with the tatcha essence- you may just be able to get away with using a little bit less than the usual amount of the serums since essences can help with absorption

Re: Skincare routine MADNESS (help a girl out)

Thank you for your response! Very well said and knowledgeable about the ingredients 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing