Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

Skincare products that you swear by

What lifechanging skincare products did you try and can no longer live by??

Re: Skincare products that you swear by

@xoxoelle Retin-A, Paula's Choice BHA 9 and my new HG face wash: FAB Face Cleanser 🙂

Anonymous Insider

*Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.* Love it - best daytime moisturizer I've ever found for my finicky skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or make me look like a blob of grease, but it does keep my skin well-hydrated. I used to use the lotion version of the product (the one that is intended for my skin type), then got sent this by mistake once and just started using it - what the heck, right? - and that was that. I have tried out other things since, and have tried about a million overnight products, but this is DEFINITELY my daytime moisturizer. Nothing else works.

RE: Skincare products that you swear by

Origins checks and balances face wash. Love this stuff, leaves my face completely balanced! Without that or the Boscia warming charcoal cleanser, I'd be a breakout mess. Also the origins 10 minute rescue and charcoal masks are my weekly go-to's. LOVE! I live in NYC, I sweat a lot, there's tons of pollution and I have combo skin prone to breakouts, because my skin is also sensitive lol. These products are amazing for me!!! Oh and I finish my routine off with either the black tea perfecting cream or lotus cream by FRESH.

I have combination skin, with my concerns being dryness around my mouth area and rare pimples here and there. For me the origins clear improvements and original skin mask are my holy grails of clay masks. After I use the charcoal mask, the pimples that we're forming and black heads on my nose are cleared away. And it doesn't leave my skin tight feeling or dry. My skin stays pretty soft and moisturizer after use. With the original skin mask, I call it my restart mask. After putting it on my skin feels baby smooth and is noticeably brighter and glowing. Whenever I use either mask I get compliments about how radiant my skin looks.

Yes, completely agree! I have similar skin. These products are Amazing as well! I love origins!!!

I have normal/combination skin and i'll get a few pimples here and there, but last year I tried the Fresh Rose Face Mask and I haven't had any breakouts at all. I honestly swear by anything Fresh makes (especially anything with rose)!!!

I’d also recommend the Fresh Rose Facial Toner along with the mask! The toner literally changed my skin especially in my t-zone. I had combo skin near my nose and in between my brows, it would get oily but was also SO flaky. Since using the toner I don’t have either problem! ABSOLUTE LIFE SAVER!
Anonymous Insider

I can't live without the CosRX low pH morning cleanser now! 

Also, not a product but I've been using a website called skincarisma that you can search products and it tells you whether or not it has ingredients that can help with acne/ anti-aging / sensitive skin and all other types of skin concerns! I thought I'll share it with everyone because I basically use it before i buy any product now!

I have combo skin- oily tzone, acne prone chin, dry cheeks. I absolutely adore Kate Somerville's ExfoliKate Cleanser. It is seriously life changing. I have gone through 2 bottles of it, and will never go back. I have since stopped using about half of the skincare products I use to use on a daily basis because my skin is always clear and perfect looking now! All I use is this cleanser, an eye cream and a moisturizer. That's it. Occasionally I use a spot treatment if I get a bad zit.. but I've stopped getting them as frequently since using ExfoliKate cleanser. It also smells AMAZING, because it has pineapple, papaya, and pumpkin in it. I would 100% recommend!!

I have oily acne prone skin. I generally use Clean & clear products but to keep breakouts at bay, but I am just starting the Differin line. I really like all of the Sephora masks for hydration, waking up, and skin brightening. I also really like the soy cleanser by Fresh and the rose scrub they have. I had a makeover with some really great Lancôme products too. If anyone can recommend anything high end for acne prone, oily, melanated skin, please share!

Following up on this post... my skin is no longer acne prone. I stopped bc and my face stopped breaking out! Who knew? I’ve started to truly invest in skincare to keep my skin glowing, hydrated, dewy, and youthful. I have good skin (finally!) so I’m inclined to take care of it. I don’t wear makeup often though I have a good Arsenal so I focus on my natural look being pristine. Swearing by Fresh and Laneige products. My go to moisturizer Fresh Lotus Preserve Cream. I also am trying some masks, toners, and eye creams. I think my aresenal is a good one. ☺️

I have sensitive skin/ combination skin ( oily t-zone, dry/red cheeks) and these are the 3 products I swear by:

1. Fresh Soy Cleanser- this has to be the best facial cleanser I have ever used. It has a very light feel and smells like cucumber. I use it with and without my Clarisonic and my face always feels clean and refreshed after

2. Ole Henriksen transforming walnut scrub- This scrub smells AMAZING. A little goes a long way- I was worried this would dry my skin as I am not a big fan of scrubs, but this is one of my best purchases. I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to have add a scrub to their routine that is light on the skin

3. Ole Henriksen Sheer transformation perfecting moisturizer: Finding a moisturizer that does not feel sticky/ or make me break out has been difficult. This is the first moisturizer I have used that with or without makeup on, my skin is glowing. I have seen improvements in the dry areas/redness. For being a creamy moisturizer, once applied, is super lightweigt

I swear by Biologique Recherche P50W (for sensitive skin) exfoliating toner and Drunk Elephant C-Firma. Ever since I started using both of these daily (Vit C in the AM, exfoliating toner in the PM) my skin has been the best it's ever been. 

Philosophy microdelivery peel - it's a game changer. I just turned 30 so I am taking skin care much more seriously and this really does wonders.

My product that I won't do without is Derma MD Pink Silk.  It is a serum that has done wonders for my skin.  I started using it years ago after beginning facials  and they used this product.  It is full of antioxidants and helped soothe my skin from all the other products I had used to combat oiliness and breakouts.  It goes on so smooth and feels great on the skin.  Helps make-up go on easier.  You should check it out.

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
testing